Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Nutty .

"Starry" has not long come back . where are you lesley ??
I think I read on another thread that Starry had put up a review, although didnt check, It might be worth having a look nuttynet.

Doe
She did one but had the same problems with the anti spam and lost it. :( . she was here earlier nutty . Ive pmed her .
Hi :) We used the Dine around to eat at the 3 Corners Ocean view buffet one night. You can book it up at reception at guest relations. Not sure if everyone is absolutely clear on the conditions, as we were told there is a charge for children and drinks. We were not charged at Ocean view for our child or drinks. I believe you can use the dine around 3 times if you are staying for a week. If it is used in a restaurant I think you get 3 or 4 pounds towards the bill. There are a lot of nice looking restaurants in the Marina and Downtown.

There is an all inclusive bit on the beach. It had a bbq bit (they were cooking burgers the day I went) and other food was on offer inside a large marquee. Soft drinks were available on AI but beer had to be paid for. You need to catch the hotel shuttle bus for the beach (every hour). The beach itself looked like it was mainly used for kite surfing.

You do need to buy a visa. It was $18 or £10.

I'll try and get my review up (if I can work out the anti spam). Nutty, can I ask who the good deal is with?

Lesley
its with thom cook 11th sept or july 3rd 508 each for 3for 2 weeks i thought it wasa bargain only prob itsfrom gatwick but all the holsto egypt from cardiff are over 800.
TCR is a very busy resort, with three pools. When we were there in July last it was very much a young family place, and the pools very, very busy. In fact we never used the pools at all because of this, you could never get a bed at the very tightly packed bed area. However, the lagoon beach which it sits on was excellent, no complaints there at all. The restaurant was typically AI cafeteria type place, although in the evening you could dine outside which was fantastic... we loved this. Only complaint here was the bar was a hole int he wall, and often they would give you out plastic cups for you wine if you were sitting there waiting for a table to become free or for an aperitif. Not what you would expect for a 'four' star hotel.

Our room was for three, very spacious and tall ceilings, Air con adequate although a tad noisy. Lots of space for stuff, even had a sink in our room with worktop and cupboards above to store our suncream etc!!! Bathroom large enough too. We got what we paid for, £500 from London AI, and were happy with what we got for that. Got to say though that the entertainment was absolutely dire, but then we didnt expect anything in that department. One night we thought we would give it a go, and it was a group of people on a stage with cardboard cut out guitars miming to music. Although we were AI we went downtown every night for a cold beer a game of pool, or into the marina for party night or beach party at Mangroovy. Lots going on outside,so do venture out!!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.