Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
to be honest they will take just about any currency and its easy to change.. i was in the surreal position on our last day of paying part in LE, part euros and the balance in sterling lol

generally we pay in LE and we also change from sterling to LE out there as you get a better rate usually.. we dont usually have euros so dont use them but i dont think you would have too much trouble using them if you wanted to

as for meal prices well we dont usually eat out that much but we did have a pizza one night that i think was around £6 and it was plenty enough for both of us, i think you would be paying around £15 a head for a proper meal with drinks, its not cheap like some parts of egypt but i understand many of the restaruants are very good, dont forget to look into using your dine around tho

HTH but do ask if u have more questions, am so jealous wish i was going soon but its beginning to look like november for us which seems a long way away <sigh>
It is better to change up money when you are there, as the exchange rate is better. There is a bank a couple of minutes from the hotel, Downtown. I think it may be closed Fri and Saturday but I remember changing up some money there one evening. :)
Hi do you know if there are tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms?

Thank you
Nutty Net
no they dont have tea/coffe making facilities, i usually take a small travel kettle with me
hi im off to this hotel on friday and my hubby wants to know which is the best bars to watch cardiff play newcastle on sunday
when you walk into downtown area there is a bar in front of you that was showing all the footie matches when we were there. i think it was called nathans.

i am sure there are others that show football but as i am not a fan i didnt take much notice sorry

have a great time
Jobos is the sports bar in Tamr Henna Square (the "main" square of the downtown area, about 3-4 mins walk from Rihanna) with big TV

Usually Andy, owner of "Boxers" (English) Bar, also in Downtown (30 yards up a side road immediately before you reach "Dunes" restaurant) also shows football matches
aah thats is Jobos (my memory is going lol)
1 last query before we leave on fri, as we arrive at about 10.30pm would there be any food available to us, are there snacks after evening meal or would it be better to go to a local estaurant for a meal, we would prefer to stay at the hotel, but i know the gang will be hungry.
whenever we have arrived late they have kept the restaurant open for us, ok it may not be the FULL menu still available but you should be fine for getting something to eat so dont worry

have a brilliant time :)
just returned great holiday.tried the al a carte restaurant on our last night and was very dissapointed, also our friend found that if he put 0000 into the hotel safe it opened he then tried this on all our safes and it opened them, i think this is a lack of security which should be addressed, down town and marina had fantastic entertainment most nights, snokling not as good as sharm but ok, bedouin night great fun, we requesed and recieved lovely rooms around the sunset pool room 9101 - 9111. this pool had slides. the sunset bar was ok for a quiet drink and peanuts bar was too hot and crowded.wewatched to shows on the stage but both times the electricity cut out. all in all it was a lovely holiday with plenty to see and do.
nuttynet glad you had a good time and rooms round the sunset, we are going in november and have requested our rooms already

just to let you know the safes are all set a 0000 you change them to whatever number you wish when you set them up initially after arrival, there should be a sticker telling you this stuck to the safes
yes we all set our safes with our own codes but ooo still opened them all we changed our code and ooo still opened it. what no room did you request room 9111 had a huge balcony and 3 beds.
thats very weird cos when we reset ours we double check to make sure its definitely set... having said that twice before we have had to have them reset, maybe we have just learned how to do it now lol

we usually ask for between 9140-9145 which is next to the 'upper' deck of the sunset, will check out where 9111 is when we go in a few weeks but i suspect its along the back near the toilets??
hi we were in 9103 this was facing the shute 9111 is the second room as you come from the other pool not sure where yours is is it on the ground floor. our safes were all set for our code, but it would open with the code or 0000 try it out when you are there , we alsotold the reps about it.
i shal certainly try it and double check and let the managers know if its still the same, thanks for bringing it up

yes i know where you mean re the room we had one near there once,, our room is over the back on the upper level bit
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.