Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
hi dont know much about it but ive booked to there sept 11th from gatwick
I did a bit in investigation when I nearly booked recently .I'm sure I read the inn was for self catering guests and the resort was for A/I :think
I'm not 100% sure but I thought both parts are AI but the Inn uses the restaurant in the Resort. The rooms may be a bit smaller in the Inn but I think that is the only difference.
Thanks for all replies, since posting I have done a bit of research, and the rooms at the Inn are smaller but some say they are the self catering ones with use of the AI at the resort. Others say some resort rooms have self catering facilities, :-? so I am now more confused. However looking at some pics on the web it looks like the Inn has French Balconies not full balconies. If anyone has any info on this I would really appreciate it. Nothing I can really do now as I have booked. Have emailed travel agent but no response as yet. - thanks
hi there

yes the rooms in the inn are a bit smaller, some have a kitchen type area with a ring and some saucepans etc which you can use but you are still AI if thats what you have booked

when i stayed in the inn part we had a small balcony with just enough room for 2 chairs the resort ones have much bigger balconies with room for table and chairs

in theory you can only use the main restaurant if you are staying at the inn rather than the resort but nobody actually checks when you go into the plaza restaurant, you can also use any of the 3 pools, to be honest there doesnt seem to be any differnce if you are staying Inn or Resort other than the size of the rooms

hope that helps but do ask if you want more information we have stayed here 4 times and due to go back again in the next month or so
Thanks shykins for that info, I have contacted Direct holidays as the booking just saying "Three corners rihanna", they still wouldnt say resort or inn but stated "guaranteed balcony or terrace", so that could mean anything. The only things i can really notice from the photos i've managed to find is that the Headboards/beds look different and a bit cramped! , also there doesnt look like much light gets into the rooms at the Inn from the small double windows . Is this right?
I'm thinking of emailing in advance to request a resort room, but dont know if this will cause me more problems and just take pot luck. I know no -one intends to spend much time in the room when on holiday, but I really hate small pokey rooms with no balcony. I'm not really concerned about anything else, ie pool view etc.
We are AI and have been advised of the facilities that are shared. but any further info would be great especially if you could find time to PM me - but dont worry if you cant. Thanks again - S
we stayed at the inn first time and i didnt find the rooms cramped to be honest and no i wouldnt say they were any darker... having said that the resort rooms are nicer there is no doubt

now when u book (as you say) they just say rihana. if you have been before (and there are a LOT of returners there) you always get upgraded to a resort room, i actually email them in advance and ask for certain rooms and they usually comply

basically what i am saying is that you will be fine in an inn room BUT why not try for a resort room, try emailing them and saying you are looking forward to coming as its a special celebration or or say friends have recommended the place to you and could you have a room round the sunset pool (thats the quiet pool but all are resort rooms!), i am sure they would comply IF they can

when are you going ?

sorry i didnt pm this not sure how to but anyway its all useful information for someone :)
hi we are going to the rhianna in sept with thomsons there will be 10 of us celebrating my 5oth could you please pm me with the e mail address so that i can request rooms togethere thankyou
rihanna@threecorners.com or u i belive u can do a contact thru the threecorners website

have a great time, we are looking at going either sept or october ourselves
hi has anyone got any recent reviews of this hotel, also which part or the resort does thomson use is it the hotel or the inn would like to have some idea before we arrive, 12 days and counting
If anybody has been to the Three Corners Rihanna Resort recently and can help nuttynet with a review can they please post it here = http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/egypt/sinai-penninsula-and-red-sea/hurghada/three-corners-rihana-resort/

Thank You :tup
Graham HT Mod
nutty i dont think any operator has a particular part of the hotel but if you want to be in the resort rather than the inn do as i suggested and email them or if you want to be in a certain part do ask, they will accomodate you if they can

my understanding is they dont allocate rooms to people until the week before so probably no point in asking them where they are going to put you, more use to ask them for a certain part

if there is anything in particular you want information on do ask, last time i was there was in may if thats any good

kiltman i have done a couple of reviews on rihana but dont really have anything new to add hence no new review from last visit
kiltman i have done a couple of reviews on rihana but dont really have anything new to add hence no new review from last visit

Thanks shykins :tup
hi i have sent them an e amil requesting the hotel and that all our rooms are close together but haven recieved a reply
nutty do you mean you sent an email requestng the resort part, if you said hotel they may not realise what you meant

drop them another line asking them for the resort and if you can be close together
help please, do you know if there is a dress code for this hotel the people we are travelling with seem to think that the men have to wear long trousers and long sleeved shirts for evening meal. i have been to egypt before and never known this.
in theory it does say the men should wear long trousers in the evning but the sunny (main) restuarant didnt seem to mind 3/4 trousers tho the plaza one was a little more strict, short sleeve shirts were no problem at all

one thing they dont allow is people (even at lunchtime) wearing their swimming costumes in the restaurants

hth
how about beach cover ups over bathers at lunch time thats all i usually take with me for the day time it seems a bit of a nuisemce to go and have to get dressed for lunch.
i usually pull on a pair of shorts and t shirt or i have a saress which is across between a dress and sarong

i think basically its about covering up your body a bit (and to be honest there are some sights you dont want o look at when u are eating lol)

so as long as your cover ups are reasonably covering u will be fine, the men need to not be bare chested as well
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.