Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi Newone
It all depends on the type of holiday you like some people like not to dress up but some like us like to make a night of it with 'smart casual' most nights to eat in the main restaurant and tuk's on formal night, but dont worry about it our first cruise was a concern but once you have the bug land base is not the same which ever way you dress i am certain you will have a great time. We go on the Calypso in Oct & have already done 2 weeks on Destiny in March. Dont forget you will be in a new location every day!!!

Have a good one

Roger
The general rule is lay everything out you think you'll need and then put half of it back. Then you'll have what you actually do need!

Seriously, though, we've found that we don't need all that much. It's quite easy to go over the top but all you need are some smart trousers and two or three shirts for the evening, a selection of shorts and tee shirts and a suit for the formal night. That's about it, clothing wise.
The best thing you can pack is a four plug extension lead. That way you have and extra four plugs, charging your camera batteries, using the hair dryer, etc etc, all UK, and no adaptor, except for the one you plug the extension in with.
The best thing you can pack is a four plug extension lead. That way you have and extra four plugs, charging your camera batteries, using the hair dryer, etc etc, all UK, and no adaptor, except for the one you plug the extension in with.

What a brilliant idea - why have we never thought of that??? Thomson's cabins never have enough sockets and they always put them in inaccessible places.
Ok, other things.

Get one of those hang behind the door things, do not know what you call them except they are full of compartments and are secured to the back of the door with a sucker. Brilliant in the bathroom for all your knicknacks or as a shoe holder. We got ours from Dunelm Stores.

A fold away Laundry basket, again Dulhelm, made of thin mesh and folds flat.

Both of the above weigh no more that an lb or two.
Thanks for all your tips guys. I am sure with all the tips I am gathering here we will have a great time in July
If you are in an inside cabin take a travel clock with luminous dial, otherwise it's pitch black in there. ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.