Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
You might be better posting this in the "Complaints" section where you will probably get some advice. Perhaps the Mods may consider moving it?
In the meantime have a read of this topic

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/understanding-your-holiday-booking-t158718.html

which gives an explanation of the difference between a Package - which you thought you had against a Dynamic Package which you have actually got.

fwh
I know this company have really annoyed you, but make sure whatever you are going to rebook is also suitable as you may end up paying more overall. A lot of companies trade in their way so you don't want to go out of the frying pan into the fire. You may find that when you booked you tricked a box agreeing to their cancellation fees, but I can't see them chasing you for thirty pounds, although I guess if you booked with a card they may just charge that if you ticked the 'terms and conditions' box.

Did you want a Thomas Cook package Holiday, if so why did you book it through a third party ?
thank you fwh - yes I have made a big mistake booking a dynamic package . thank you for the link.

DOE - thanks for the advice. I was stupid and booked it on the phone before seeing the terms and conditions. I cant believe I did this . I am usually the most cautious and savvy buyer!!!!!
What are commonly referred to as dynamic packages aren't, the proper name is dynamic bundles. True dynamic packages are actually packages covered by the package regs. You wouldn't usually get one of those when booking through cheap advertisers.
Be aware for the future though, that the majority of OTAs also trade the same way, so vitally important you read all terms and conditions before accepting them. Very few of them actually dynamically book (or sell) true packages.
Hi Duke

I was just worried that you might end up even worse off by cancelling the hotel because you are annoyed at them.

Years ago teletext seemed to be one of the first alternatives to booking through a high street travel agent, I remember getting their screens up on the TV and checking holidays, I knew a few people who booked with them and felt they got a good deal.

Sounds like those days are long gone and they are like every other online travel agent now.
I always booked holidays through Teletext but it was when big travel companies. had there own pages.
I dont bother looking on them now as most are on line comanies that I have never heard of.
When I have booked a Dynamic package via a travel agent I have always been charged £10 extra for supplier failure cover.
I dont know if you have this and may be able to claim through this. :que
Jay Trip wrote:
I always booked holidays through Teletext but it was when big travel companies. had there own pages.
I dont bother looking on them now as most are on line comanies that I have never heard of.
When I have booked a Dynamic package via a travel agent I have always been charged £10 extra for supplier failure cover.
I dont know if you have this and may be able to claim through this. :que

You can't claim on supplier failure unless the supplier has failed.
Duke123 wrote:
Hi
I booked what i thought was a package holiday with Thomas Cook through Teletext. When the documents arrived I realised that I had a Thomas cook flight but the hotel and transfers were through separate companies.So it was not a package .

I have argued with teletext that they have misled me but I have got nowhere.

I paid them for the fight in full as the deposit and I can see on the Fly Thomas cook website that teletext have indeed paid in full for my flights (although they haven't booked a meal which I thought I had paid for !).

I feel thorouhly conned by them and I want to book my accommodation elsewhere.
I am trying to cancel the accommodation and transfer for which I have paid a deposit of £29.06 . Teletext are saying it is going to cost me £60 to cancel as they are being charged this by their supplier. They are saying I am making an amendment to the booking , but I am actually cancelling which will I know loose my my deposit.

So when is a cancellation a change to the booking ? especially when they say all the elements are separate?

please can you advise

Hi Duke123,

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment.

If you could please email us (details on our contact us page), then the team will be able to look into this matter further and provide assistance with your query.

Kind regards,

Teletext Holidays
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.