General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
world cup
27 Posts
(Moved from Other Destinations)
We're away in Majorca when one of the matche's are on but it's a 8pm kick off which makes it 9pm
Their time so probably a bit late with kids! would have been nice to watch it, thanks its always a fab atmosphere when your away an England are on, will have to see, wouldn't want anywhere rowdy with the kids. I know my other half is wanting to watch it when I mentioned yesterday. I know one of the games isn't on until 11pm! Least it's a lot earlier than that :-)
When is it on? I think shall still be at home but it won't be on my telly if I can avoid it.
Starts about June 12th ?? I will be at home for England's first 3 games ( group ) if .....if we get any further I will be in Lanzarote to see whether we've improved at kicking a stationary ball from 12 yards ;)
I know lots of folks worry about not being able to watch the World Cup abroad. But for many it will be a real bind when OH wants to go somewhere just to watch the match and you just want to have a good night out WITHOUT watching telly, which you do the rest of the year!
....you just want to have a good night out WITHOUT watching telly, which you do the rest of the year

EH, what are you talking about woman, this isn't watching telly, jees Mrs its THE WORLD CUP :bow
It's boring. Used to be good a long time ago when I had some interest in it. ;)
I had the game as 1-1 as a bet. That was never a penalty! And surely Fred isn't really his name?? It has to be Fredinio:)
Opening ceremony- awful!
You are right, it was never a penalty, I wanted Croatia to win.

That opening ceremony cost 9 Million dollars, you would have thought they could have at least sorted the sound.
I have watched alot in the passed but as years have gone on I watch less and less football, cant wait for it to finish so we can have the Tour De France to watch, 3rd July is the opening ceremony
Well I'm looking forward to catching up on Wallander! The whole of this last series is sitting there on the Virgin+ box all ready and waiting, along with a stockpile of other stuff, to give me something worthwhile to watch whilst escaping the wall to wall football. :tup

SM
Well I'm looking forward to catching up on Wallander!

:tup Excellent series, I like subtitled movies and TV programmes so I enjoyed the original subtitled Wallander, however Mrs Kiltie never watches anything with subtitles but she does like it now with Kenneth Branagh.
Branagh was good but not a patch on either of the Swedish series! Must say that Krister Hendrikkson is my favourite Wallander. :tup

SM
That's just typical, the pager went and I was out at a shout for nearly all of the Spain / Netherlands match, missed all the goals and only managed to see the last 5 minutes :(
Wow, I managed the first 15 minutes of the Chile v Australia match before pager went, at least I saw 2 goals.
Hubby has France & Germany in their worksite sweep. £70 if either win :tup
Ohhh so you are saying you are supporting Germany and want them to win then Glynis ;)
Would be nice :rofl

What day is the final on, will we be away Graham?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.