Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Guess that would have been sensible to say! Have updated the title accordingly, thanks for the heads up and the welcome, should have come here prebooking.
Nope, scratch that, won't let me edit - it's lowcostholidays.
Its a pity your bank didn't contact you as 3 identical payments to one company should have rang alarm bells. My bank is good about contacting me immediately. What has your bank said? They really shouldn't be charging you.
Yeah, they called me on the first one - unusual amount etc and I said yep was me I did try but the site crashed - guy explained that Lowcost had applied for payment and the bank accepted it however if Lowcost confirmed they were not taking it then it would just drop off - they subsequently did say no transactions had gone through.

To be honest I haven't gone back to the bank on it as I have tried to be polite and get Lowcost to refund it, I know the process for the bank and its not quick so would rather Lowcost did it instead as it could be done immediately. Having been fobbed off by them and told refund is being processed etc I was feeling ok about it but when the wrong amount came in it all went a bit wrong.

Again I have been told that the deficit is being fixed and again promised a call.....

I have asked for copies of all notes on my file and recordings of all of the calls which I have been told I will receive - once I have these I will contact trading standards as they were forced to admit that the price was there when I booked and they won't honour it as its gone up since.

Reading more and more reviews of them online, most were positive until around 18 months ago and now there are many complaints of this type of thing and people receiving this sort of service - really has been a lesson to check beforehand, always look at the hotels etc, never think to check the agent. Other big learn is use credit card to pay as they will just stop the charge, banks cant, but then there is the additional fees to use them.

Need a holiday to get over the stress of booking a holiday!
Plus Low Cost Holidays do not hold an UK ATOL licence , they have the spanish equivalent , which is a much inferior option !
So if anything goes wrong with your holidays , I am not sure how they could resolve it .
kerry25 wrote:
Plus Low Cost Holidays do not hold an UK ATOL licence , they have the spanish equivalent , which is a much inferior option !
So if anything goes wrong with your holidays , I am not sure how they could resolve it .

An Atol only covers if a supplier fails Most independent travellers would have this cover on their insurance.
Hi Ethan
Did you get this resolved? We have someone else having problems with this company
Hi

It's still ongoing.... I have my money back but still disputing the additional charges and the original holiday.

Happy to help the other person if I can.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.