Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Not a problem, sunbathed topless for the last 3 times (3 different hotels) I have been in Mexico
Thanks for that Dawntra, you're a lifesaver! I hate having those white bikini lines so topless it will be for me again this year on holiday! :P
Glad to be of help. I would say though maybe not to sunbathe topless near a children's pool some other nationals may not like it (I made sure I never did anyway, could have been too noisy). Even so beaches are on the doorstep, wonderful. But just enjoy, and look good in those strappy tops and dresses.
Thank you. I'm looking forward to my holiday. 3 weeks on Monday til we go. I just hope we doon't get rained out or anything worse!
Have stayed at many 4-5* resorts in the caribbean and none have permitted topless bathing at the poolside. I always bathe topless at the beach but not at the pool.
The only place in the Caribbean that I have seen topless bathing is on St Martin- on the French side of the island... not seen that in Mexico at all- they are quite conservative there. Let us know what happens. :wink:
This has been asked many times on another forum and it is answered mainly by Americans who frown on it,but the common thread was its okay on the beach.
As I said in an earlier post, I have been to Mexico 3 times (Riu complex), Dominican Republic (Riu complex again) twice and egypt last year (off again this Thursday) and never had a problem sunbathing topless round the pool, I just never did by a kid's pool.
I'l be staying at the Caribbean Princess, its a cheap and cheerful A.I. hotel, close to Downtown, not on the main Hotel run. Maybe I'l be best asking when we get there whether I can sunbathe topless, just to be on the safe side!
Dawntra,
If as your post suggests you are sunbathing Topless in Egypt you are taking a massive risk,I have lived in the Middle East for 30+yrs Egypt for 5 and if you fall foul of the police you could be in big trouble.
I'm going to Cancun, not Egypt!
Sorry gatarman, thought you were talking to me about Egypt! My mistake! Oooops. :oops:
qatarman,

I did go topless in Egypt (at the hotel), and I wasn't the only one, there were many ladies doing the same. I don't walk around with my top off, I stay on the sun bed. I always ask beforehand if there is any objections, would not want to disrespect anyone. We should carry this on the Egypt forum.
We stayed in Mexico earlier this year at GBP Maya Riviera - the rep.told everyone at our welcome meeting that topless was OK on certain areas of the beach but not allowed at the pools - saw one American asked to cover up by a " manager" when she took her top off after swimming in the pool.
I'l check with the hotel before I go topless. I don't want to be embarrassed by being asked to cover up! :oops:
No problem for my wife hard to tell front from back.
Ouch - that's not a very thing to say about your wife! Hope she reads what you put and "roasts" you for it! :o
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.