Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Torremolinos
5 Posts
Hi Eva and welcome to HT. Sorry I can't help but hopefully someone will be along soon. I must say I'm surprised to hear Torremolinos described as quiet. I always thought it was quite a busy, lively resort.
Hi Eva, I've stayed a few times in La Carihuela which is just round the headland from Torremolinos. It's lovely there with lots of Chiringuitos on the beach & lots of restaurants where you can have drink on the paved area parallel to the beach.

We've walked into Torremolinos each visit but only up to the shopping area & square.

What type of nightlife are you looking for?
There are many different districts of Torremolinos. The hotel Isabel is situated in the Playamar district. The hotel is in a good location opposite the beach, but it's situated a good 20 minute walk into the centre of Torremolinos.... The town centre being away from the promenade and perched above the cliffs.....where the train station is also situated.

Torremolinos centro is a 12 month working town and therefore it is never quiet. Torremolinos is also very Spanish, it's shaken off the image that most people seem to hold from the 1960's/70's, ie: Brit bars, high rise and full of expats.

If you're wanting an abundance of restaurants and bars to have a quiet drink, then the fishing village of La Carihuela is the place. If you're wanting entertainment (tribute type acts) then you'd be better off in Benalmadena or near the port area for lively bars where the young ones go.

Sanji x
thank you for all your replies
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.