Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
It will be a circuitous about eight odd hour journey much the same as a bus.
Shortest time - Torremolinos to Malaga, to Ciudad Real, to Alicante, to Benidorm.
hi,thanks wombat do you know where I can find the train or bus timetable & prices.
I have sent you a PM as I am unable to provide web links on a post.
And for anyone reading this please give the detail for transport/train/tram between Alicante RENFE station and Benidorm, as I am not at all familiar.
The journey time Alicant to Benidorm on the Tramvia takes about 1hr 20mins.(only 40 by car) I remember you have to change trains at El Campello. Get the connection time wrong and you can be waiting an additional 45mis.
This line does not go from the RENFE station.
The journey time Alicant to Benidorm on the Tramvia takes about 1hr 20mins.(only 40 by car) I remember you have to change trains at El Campello. Get the connection time wrong and you can be waiting an additional 45mis.

Hi Pipefitter
No changing at El Campello anymore, the line ( L1) goes straight through to Benidorm and the journey is approx 1 hour.
This line does not go from the RENFE station.

That's correct- You have to get from Alicante RENFE station to tram Luceros station - however, I believe they are/were constructing an underground tram station (between Luceros and Mercado station) which will give direct access to the railway station - this will connect with the RENFE trains and access to the Spanish Railway Network, and onto the European Railway network.

http://i44.tinypic.com/34yck1i.jpg

Sanji x
There is a thread in the Costa Blanca forum - a bit out of date now, but I wonder if that is because it's no longer a sticky (it used to be) ?

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/benidorm-train-tram-trenet-fgv-services-t25211-20.html

Sanji
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.