Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I have done several of these cruises, east to west, and if you like relaxing sea days they are great value. Get the added bonus of several "extra hour" days, so can party a little longer ! I wouldn't personally go on the Ocean Village but that is personal preference having sailed on her previously, including the transatlantic. The hurricane season will be at it's end and shouldn't affect the weather. We have been very lucky with good weather and calm seas every time.

Plenty of good deals on a variety of ships for similar money to Ocean Village.

Bob
thanks for your reply would sites have got good deals and what ships would you recommen d
Most of the well known sites have deals at the moment. There will be many ships returning to the USA/Caribbean from the Med in Oct/Nov, including Celebrity, RCCL, Carnival,NCL, etc. There are always deals on these cruises for a similar price to Ocean Village, a few minutes search will reveal all. All the lines mention will give a better quality cruise IMO.

Bob
Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas, November 6- Southampton to Fort Lauderdale is a bargain- prices start at $499 for 13 nights.
This is their latest/largest ship with all the WOW factor, amenities you could wish for. :) That works out at about $38 per day!
I see loads of deals on the teletext for the T/A's now and as said you can get a better deal on a higher quality ship with scheduled flights.
The south Atlantic route is usually OK and the weather pretty good. I do mostly the other direction and in the Spring and have had wonderful weather.

Sue
November 29 - RCI Voyager of the Seas Barcelona to Galveston via Miami 15 days $399 inside excluding taxes(vacations to go). If I wasn't taking a Windjammer deal from the deals thread at this time , I would be interested. Don't know how cheaply you could return to Uk from Galveston or Miami though.
$630.49 with the tax and fuel (BPC)

I think nearest international airport is Houston, London flights
BA direct is $515
BMI via Chicago and Manchester is $406

http://www.bt-store.com is a good place to start for one way flights back from the US.

Looks like RCI have set the new prices for TA's
Splendour and Voyager are also at $399+

Independance and the NCL Gem are next at $599+
Not sure if Galveston will be open by then ( see Hurricane Ike) but if not they will go into Houston, which is a bit closer to the airports.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.