Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
My Travel/Airtours
150 Posts
Yes, that's right, I've been told that as of March 08 all Mytravel flights will become Thomas Cook.
Llindy,

I checked Rhodes flight XL6224 with Bristol Airport yesterday and they say that they have not yet received any airline's flight programme for next year. Slightly worrying for anyone trying to book a holiday! There has been much discussion on this site and elsewhere about the missing Wednesday flights. One Symi visitor has had his flight booking confirmed and this is still for Wednesday. Confused? So am I.

The reply from the Airport says that they will inform me and update their website when this information has been received. I will post their reply when it arrives.
one of the reasons i went back to TA was because we had a flight time but no flight code ,and since then have been given different information , as my hubby says cant do much about it until January , but i will not be happy if things are not what i have been told
Just for info an article in the Telegraph stated that from next May all the flights will be with Thomas Cook (all the planes reconfigured and rebranded) and that the leg room WILL GO UP to 33 inches as standard.
33ins will only be longhaul though. See Telegraph article. They are just matching Thomson and First Choice longhaul.
Just a quick rant...due to the merger Airtours have disabled their online payment facilty - I have spent over 3 hours trying to get through to their telephone payment line over the last three days and my payment is due tomorrow. I have emailed their helpline but they have not had the courtesy to reply. I have also spoken to their emergency line who only 'talk to people with about death etc in resort'...... anyone have any ideas how I can pay for my hols?
I wouldn't expect a reply from your email...I'm still waiting for a reply from Thomas Cook customer concerns (same company now) that I sent over a week ago...not even an acknowledgement.

Have you tried the number in brochure 0871 664 7653 think this is their sales line but I'd have thought they can give you the correct number, care though as these calls cost 10p a min.

Hope this helps
I had this problem with them a few weeks ago they took 40 mins to answer. (the first time I gave up after 20mins ) I was getting desperate as I noticed that if you didn't pay by the due date they automatically added a 20 pound late payment fee. :bhead Seems wrong as its so hard to get through.

Are you in a position to send them a cheque? I think you can still do this.
I used this number last Wednesday to pay the rest of my deposit, and got through without any wait.

0870 241 3568

Hope this helps.

Ed
Thanks to all who helped - finally managed to pay my Airtours bill today on this tel. number - 0871 664 7804 (after a 10 min wait -can't wait to see my phone bill!)
Hi guys,

Just to save your phone bill, you do know you can always pay your Airtours/Pano/Mano - or whatever, if booked direct with Mytravel/Direct Holidays in a Going Places shop!

We get people into my branch all the time... and its not a problem at all...

I will always be more then happy to help you.
Hi all

I have been following the various threads regarding Direct Holidays, My Travel, Thomas Cook etc and have noticed that there are a lot of changes being made to flight times, dates etc.

We are (should be) ! going to Egypt on 21st January for 7 nts with Panorama flying from Glasgow to Sharm (Naama Bay) however I have been taking a look at the various My Travel websites and also Thomas Cook and there now doesn't appear to be a flight going to Sharm from Glasgow anymore.

The My Travel sites show no flights and when you go on to Thomas Cook they say the choice is now no longer available, this might be because the flights are full but to me it looks as thought the last flight is on the 7th of January. :hmmm

The final balance is now due but I am not to keen just to pay this if we are going to find out in a few weeks that our holiday will be changed / cancelled. I have tried phoning Panorama a few times but have had to hang up before getting through, but will continue trying.

Does anybody have any information on the Glasgow flights to Sharm with MT /TC in January.

Am I just getting a bit paranoid :?:
Glasgow Airports site still shows a Monday Thomas Cook airline flight TCX693K at 09:00 with a Panorama allocation. There are another 9 brands sharing the flight so there's every chance it is full.
Thanks Steve

The flights are showing up on the booking pages on the website again so all should be OK.

Now for my new moan about My travel and this so called 'merger' :zip with Thomas Cook.

I tried to pay the remaining balance of £400 pounds with an Electron debit card just to be told that since the merger their system wouldn't accept it when they tried to enter it, so I then payed via a different method and guess what :?:

The payment via the electron card has also come of my bank account today, making me overdrawn and encouring bank charges :evil:
Panorama tell me that if I send a copy of the bank statements showing the 2 payments and a copy of the charges they will refund them in 7-10 working days.

Don't think I will be using this Thomas Cook / My Travel mob again :tdown
Now, much though it pains me to defend them, this may not be 100% Mytravels fault! I do know the railways have been having big trouble with Electron (and Solo) over the last few months. Something to do with cards being renumbered to start with which meant on-train equipment accepted them when it shouldn't have. Then they came up with a scheme which should have meant that all of them should have been OK but that failed miserably. So possibly MyTravel are just having their own version of these troubles.

The 7-10 days bit could be a problem, that's usually their deadline for answering the phone! In my experience they take 28 days just to acknowledge letters.
KG. Have both amounts come out of the same account. Was just wondering if you have contacted your Bank to ask if they can do anything about this. If you are disputing one of the transactions they may be able to recredit you. Worth a try.
Hi nicJW

No, when they said that they couldn't take payment via an Electron card I transferred the money to my daughters account and she paid it with her debit card, then MT took the money from my Electron card as well.

I am just going to fax MT bank statements from both accounts showing the 2 identical payments and also the bank letter with the charges on it, will wait and see what happens.

I don't understand why they didn't notice this or why I have to send all the documents when they should be able to look up my booking and see the over payment on it :?
Just had my fight times changed from Glasgow to Tenerife in June,new flight times are terrible :( returning home flight theres an 11 hour difference,I know this can happen but so angry as when I phoned them up,there are flights available,that are only an hour difference from original flights,but to change to these will cost us £30 a person,it will probably work out cheaper to cancel!cant get through to the complaints department :evil:
Anne

You say an 11 hour difference coming home but what about going out? Logically I would expect that to be similar if it's a simple retiming of a trip. If it isn't it suggests more complicated alterations and that raises the important point about the flight number. If the flight number has changed then you haven't been retimed, they have cancelled your flight and transfered you to another - in which case you have the option to say no and ask for your money back.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.