Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Very much doubt it. That was the price you accepted to pay. It's a bit like seeing that coat in the winter sale at half price that a few weeks before you paied full price for.
lol i no just thought id ask u guys just in case!
thanks for your reply!
Actually there may be a faint glimmer of hope (don't get too excited).

If the bloke actually said it would (or most probably would) be going up there is a case to make a complaint of misselling. Write to them and complain about the sales pitch and how you were mislead into making the booking, don't forget to include the booking reference. They've probably got a recording of the call so can check it. If you ask for a refund they will deny it but if you accept your current position (which you seem to be doing) and just ask them to look into the quality of their sales methods and training you might get something out of them, maybe only vouchers and maybe in October but for the price of a stamp what have you got to lose????

On the other hand, if he said it might go up or that there is always the risk of it going up you don't really have a case because technically he was right.
thanks steve, although im annoyed about this i probably would of booked it anyway!
i shopped around and this was the best price at the time so i suppose its just one of those things!
thanks for the advice !

chonie!
I booked and paid for a holiday, a year in advance, to Cuba for August this year from the April 2007 edition of Airtours Far & Away brochure. The holiday consists of a 7 day stay in Varadero and a 7 day Cuba tour. I'm concerned that this particular holiday is not included in the November 2007 edition of the brochure.
I contacted Airtours and they replied by email that my holiday is 'as booked' with no explanation as to the disappearance of the holiday from the brochure.
I'm concerned as what appears to be the replacement holiday/tour in the new brochure is to a different resort and the flights are on a different day. What I am now worried about is that they will attempt to change me to the revised holiday a few weeks in advance, which would be unacceptable for me.
Any advice?
Coyote,

Just because the holiday you booked has disappeared or changed in subsequent brochures doesn't mean it's no longer available or a different holiday. It's just they aren't seeling that particular holiday package. I'm sure everything will be fine and as per your booking.

Darren
can anyone help we booked a prestige holiday with airtours ,vip lounge was to be included but no vouchers arrived with the tickets phoned airtours (thomas cook) they say my tickets are my entrance voucher has anyone else done this
ps we fly from gatwick :que
We booked with Airtours to go to Lanzarote. We had no issues last year with our airtours holiday so were more than happy to go through them again. Except because we booked before the merger, they have forgotten to send our tickets to us and have told us that we are to go to the Thomas Cook desk at the airport and they will help us on Thursday when we fly out. Am feeling very uneasy about this. Has anyone else had problems from booking before the changeover and having their tickets forgotten about?
Groovee,

Not the best customer service forgetting to send out your tickets but you'll have no problems at the airport, just allow an extra 15 minutes to pick them up.

Darren
Thanks we're arriving an hour before check in anyway so we should have plenty time but arrrgghhhh. Have logged a complaint and hope no one else suffers like we do.
Groovee, I also booked before the merger. I popped into the Travel Agents yesterday hoping that my tickets had arrived, as we go in less than 2 weeks. They said they should be here by now but haven't arrived yet and not to worry. :think

I'm sure it will all go smoothly at the airport for you but it is nice receiving the tickets beforehand and checking them!

Have a great holiday :cheers
Thanks Starry don't seem to be receiving emails. Am glad it's not just us. Airtours have sent us a confirmation to collect the tickets at the airport, so feeling more hopeful. If you find me here at 1pm on Thursday you know we're not going ;)
Just to update we got our tickets no problems. Shame we come home in 3 days
Im flying out to Varadeo next Friday morning to Varadero. I booked and paid for this Airtours holiday last year. I had problems with the company sending me final invoices, even recorded delivery letters threatening cancellation if I did not pay. Anyway this was sorted out and apparently it was down to merger problems. I was also concerned that my holiday had been omitted from later brochure additions.
I phoned up last Friday to ask about my tickets, and was put onto the Thomas Cook ticket line. I was informed that the computer showed the tickets were being made up and I would have them within 7 days. They still have not arrived. I spoke to the ticket line this morning and they now say they dont have the tickets yet and would email to find out where they are. I have insisted on a reply today, bearing in mind Monday is a Bank Holiday. What concerns me is that they dont even know at what stage the tickets are at.
Anyone any ideas of who at Airtours/Thomas Cook can give me a straight answer.
We booked with airtours and it was Thomas Cook who took over our holiday and we had to collect the tickets at the airport. Luckily it all went smoothly but it still stressed me out.
I was unhappy with earlier response from Airtours/Thomas Cook ticket line so I phoned the Airtours Direct telephone no, and insisted that I wanted to speak to someone who knew what was going on. The, I must admit very helpful assistant put me on hold while she spoke to the ticketing department. She came back after three minutes and apologised, saying the tickets were now being run off and would be posted first class today. She could not explain why I was not given this information when I had phoned the ticked dept earlier. She responded that she did not know, because the information is available. Anyway I hope the tickets arrive.
Can anyone answer this query?
Friends have booked on line for next year and have paid a low deposit, the invoice says total due 9 weeks before
departure, but the website says a top up deposit is due 8 weeks after booking .
There is no facility to view the booking on line, or to pay on line, so what do you advise, bearing in mind they would prefer to not pay a top up.
hi, most low deposit deals require a top up eight weeks after booking and then final balance of total holiday due 8-10 weeks before departure..... :)
Does anyone know when airtours finalize the flights for summer 2009

Holiday booked, and flying from Manchester, so going to take flight from Glasgow to Manchester, but not booked this flight yet, until I know airtours have finalized there flights
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.