Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Hi,
We found an Indian travel Agent by searching on the Internet. Explained what we wanted to do and where and when we wanted to stay. They sent us lists of hotels and prices.
They arranged flights accomodation and train tickets.
Train tickets can only be booked up to 2 months in advance.

Decide on an itinerary and let them know, they will then do all the work for you.
They take a commission from the hotels etc so you should not pay more than doing it yourself.

Good Luck

Steve
We've travelled a good bit around India from down south in Cochin area up to Mumbai & Delhi All our arrangements and bookings have been done with Eddie Foster who runs Daytripper Tours in Calangute He has always been a great help to us as he can organise everything from rail & flight tickets to hotels & guides You will find all you need to, hear, if you just type in Daytripper in the search facility. We coud'nt reccomend Daytripper highly enough, in fact we are hoping to visit the Golden Temple at Amritser on our next visit to Goa in a month or so with his help Hope this helps Alan
Sorry, I should have made it clear to you to search in the Goa discussion forum for the info. about Daytripper That will include his web page email and phone no. Alan
Thanks Gramps (it feels strange typing that). I will indeed find their details. Samtheboater, do you remember what they were called? In 2007 England tour Sri Lanka. I love Sri Lanka and have another excuse to have a holiday! Thanks for your help.
HI

I have travelled extensively over India and even went to see the World Cup there when it was first on I think in '96.

Organised travel to watch cricket costs a lot more ( tried to do it in South Africa) and in India it isnt that scary as long as you keep an open mind about the poverty and the inevitable curiosity from the locals.

If you pm me I can give you the number of two travel agents, both in London, one of which all my family and friends use for personal ytravel all over the world, who has since become a personal friend. He can organise most things for you, however, If I were in your shoes I would decided which games you want to see and do most of it yourself.

Get a cheap scheduled flight out to Delhi ( cheapest tend to uzbekistan or Turkministan) for around £400 and the rest you can do urself on the net. By that I mean hotels and internal flights. Train travel is simple in India as they have sep[arate counters in most large stations.

As I said pm me, and Ill pass on the numbers to you and offer any advice I can offer.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.