Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I have to agrre with dmstacey regarding the change of aircraft supplier from European to Air Atlanta. European really were "First Class" whilst Air Atlanta are very good as Ive travelled with them in Sunshine 1st but Eauropean really did have the edge of Air Atlanta. Air Atlanta now own the Really Great Holiday Company which includes Travel City Direct. Having used TCD for a long time now, it will be very interesting to see if the change is good or bad.
Having flown twice with TCD under Air Atlanta, I can assure you (as will as many others) Air Atlanta are not very good at all. If fact they are one of the worst airlines in the world. I currently have a class action underway against TCD for compensation as once again they pulled Sunshine First with no notice and expect to get away with just a refund of the upgrade cost. I for one will not fly with them again and advise other people not to bother. If you want a cheap economy flight-fine. If you want a reasonable seat at reasonable cost - forget it. You cannot gurantee you won't be flying home economy.
Hi DM, As I said in my previous post, I will have to wait and see. I have travelled in Sunshine Ist 4 times with TCD/Air Atlantaand have always had great service and never been bumped off, as it were. As I said, I will just have to wait and see as I dont go until November. Maybe the summer months are just too busy or maybe its bad management. Hope you get the right result in your compo claim.
I agree with you but if you listened to all the stories, you would never get anywhere,would you. I have had my final payment invoice and up to now Im travelling 5A, still AAE but on a branded TCD plane. I dont know how or if Hurricane Katrina has affected flights in and out of Sanford if at all, do you know anything Mark?.
Only Miami Airport was closed for a period during the recent hurricane. Both Orlando International and Sanford operated as normal.
TCD
I have only booked with them once it was five years ago and they were great
Glad to hear Sanford is operating normally as I have guests at my villa flying out and more guests flying in with TCD on Tuesday.
As I have said in my previous posts, I have never had a problem with TCD or Air Atlanta and have been booking with TCD for many years now.
Must be one of the lucky ones I guess.
best wishes
Casterton743
Hello,

I use travel city direct quite alot, no major problems.

They use cheap airlines, but when you arrive the magic starts!

They are the cheapest for florida by far.

:D
Can I say that it good to hear someone say something good about TCD again. I thought it was only me and markwebster who thought they were good.
have to agree casterton all the times ive used them ive never had any problems with them prompt helpfull and polite service all the way
me too. I think some people are not happy if they have nothing to complain about.
infact ive booked with them for next year too so they cant be that bad and only 21 days left for this year to go b4 i fly does anyone know if the flights got off ok today
Hi Mark,
Yes they got off ok. My nephew came back with Air Atlanta EUK445 this morning just about 30 minutes late and he said they were great and would fly with them again when he goes to the villa next year.
best wishes
Dave, Casteron
well looks like they have turned the corner then yipee
yes and Im sure they will carry on if people would give them a chance. Delays and crap service are part and parcel of ANY airline so with TCD being very cheap and AAE being a basic service airline, as people say, you get what you pay for.
TCD
Greetings all...........Just back from Florida with TCD. Had nae problems at all. Helpful staff, cabin crew were great and the Express check in at Lake Buena Vista what a fantastic idea. Cost me hundreds cheaper than Virgin for the same hotel. Money well spent.

:glynis

Laters all Wcoyote
Glad to see you had a great time and good to see that not everyone has a bad time with Travel City Direct.

best wishes
These guys are launching a programe that can be booked through travel agents for summer 2006, Transatlantic Vacation will be the trading name, and i think its Med holidays for the european market.
With TCD you get what you pay for, but thats the same as all things in life.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.