Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Doesnt work on my aol browser but does on IE. Website very out of date though with 2007/2008 prices!!
sorry cant help with that we stopped running a holiday club/time share forum a couple of years back
They are not actually a holiday club or time share company - they are just a tour operator.

Pippa
It works in Firefox, Opera and Chrome although, as you say, only the 2008 brochure is there at the moment in .pdf format.
This is the message I get (Firefox)

This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

fwh
I get that message in IE, domain registration shows the address still registered but something about the account changed on 4th March 2009 - presumably this block!

Is it possible that those still getting an old page have old history files on their hard drives from previous visits? I suspect that if you Delete Browsing History (or whatever your browsers equivalent is) you will get the same message.

-------------------------------------------

After a bit more sleuthing I've found this http://www.investegate.co.uk/Article.aspx?id=20090305104206P30D5 issued on 5th March. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of business rules can shed some light but it looks like the owner of Travel Club is trying to merge with or sell to another company.
Could also be that they have not paid the bill. Does say contact billing/support.

It is certainly not part of my browsing history.

fwh
I thought that Travel Club of Upminster decided to cease trading last year? Seem to recall reading something about it.

Shame as I recall many a happy holiday with them in the Algarve.
I wondered if that is what had happened too - like so many other smaller travel companies. We weren't looking to book particularly with them but as they were listed in 'my favourites' I was just browsing.

They did have a very good reputation - especially in the Algarve.

Pippa
Have just received the 2009 Travel Club of Upminster brochure and have booked a two week holiday with them in June. All appears normal, other than they are under new ownership. Two ladies from within the travel industry have entered into a partnership agreement with the former owner who retains a controlling interest but wishes to move on to other things. One suspects the website is being re-designed and brought up to date.
We have been alerted to this discussion topic by a Travel Club of Upminster customer. We would like to reassure everyone that Travel Club of Upminster is still going strong. The company has been bought and now operates from premises in Birmingham. We are aware of the difficulties with our website and we are working hard to bring all the information up to date. Please bear with us and in the meantime for any assistance whatsoever regarding Travel Club of Upminster please call us on 08456 88 48 48.
Alpha Prospects / Unpackaged Holidays / Seligo / The Travel Club of Upminster

I have had a look around and this is what I have found out. This is for missbluebelle, who posted on another thread, which the Mods have joined to save duplication.

From what I can see this is how things have worked.
Please also follow the links above to the travelweekly, a trade publication with more details.
If I have any details wrong, please correct me, of course.

Steven Freudmann, was the Chairman of Alpha is a director of the Association of British Travel Agents (ABAT) is non-executive chairman of Alpha Prospects. He recently stepped down as director of one of the group's other subsidiaries, Unpackaged Holidays.

Alpha Prospects which was set up to acquire travel businesses, already owns Seligo, Majestic Travel and Unpackaged Holidays and last month bought direct-sell operator Travel Club of Upminster.
Freudmann added that following its most recent acquisition, the Travel Club of Upminster will now make its product available for sale through the trade, mainly upmarket independent travel agents.

ABTA members thought to breach ABTA's code of conduct are required to appear before a committee. Unpacked Holidays went into administration before they were required to attend the committee meeting.
Suppliers owed money by failed company Unpackaged Holidays, the assets of which has been bought by The Travel Club of Upminster in a pre-packaged sale (which means they can wipe the slat clean of all supplier debts), have demanded Freudmann resign from his position on the ABTA board

So they have just wiped out all the debts to suppliers (transfer companies, bed banks, hotels etc) and started again. Nice.
xxx
I would ring that number above and make sure you written confirmation/receipt for the money you have paid, if you have not got one already. Have you checked to see the amount has been debited from your account?
xxx
missBB If you look on the homepage for seligo.com

It reads

TRAVEL CLUB LIMITED would like to say it is "business as usual".

It is our intention to honour all forward bookings and to continue to work closely with agents and confirm new future reservations.

"honour all forward bookings" and "confirm new future reservations" - I would get a comfirmation receipt of the booking from them. Ask for them to write an old fashioned letter. It would take all of 5 minutes to compose a letter/receipt to confirm your payment has been made and provide confirmation of your booking details.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.