Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Welcome to the forums :tup

Your IP relates to Ryanair is this their new project?
Haha nice, no its not. Its just a personal project :)
Hope the English Grammar on the website is better than it is in the post !

Not that I'll be checking it out if it's an undercover spy for Ryanair.

Surely they would test their beta out in a more professional and less covert way?
doe wrote:
Hope the English Grammar on the website is better than it is in the post !

Not that I'll be checking it out if it's an undercover spy for Ryanair.

Surely they would test their beta out in a more professional and less covert way?

Doesn't sound any different from the way any other on line travel agent works i.e. pulling together the cheapest hotel, flight and transfer with no protection for consumers. Just what the industry needs yet another shonky OTA.
Just had a look and the home page , has a picture of a dog having a crap on the beach :D or is that on the beach are crap and have a dog ?? !!!! ;)
So for 1000 of my pounds I can have 2 nights in a suite near Red Square , flying with Aeroflot , sounds awesome , I'm inspired
The idea in principle sounds great , but aren't there heavily advertised sites doing a similar thing ? And not making a particularly good job of it either , good luck with your project though .
Hi all,

Thanks the comments, yes, as a non native english speaker I tend to do mistakes. Sorry about that.

The difference in our project is that we create packages on the fly. We are not searching through a database of available holiday packages. Booking.com + skyscanner are our major providers. So we mix flights+accommodation to give user, results based on his exact criteria. I agree that the algorithm needs in many cases improvement. And this is one of reasons why we are still in beta.

We try to give ideas for possible destinations. Not pushing people to make bookings. If you decide to make a booking it will be through booking.com or skyscanner not through us.

I am dissapointed that you didn't like it, we will try to improve.

Thanks again for your time.
Lol re the dogs somewhat unfortunate stance.

So basically its a site that searchers skyscanner and booking.com, that people can search themselves :que and then presumably adds on a bit of commission.The mark 'em up sell 'em on method of business aka Delboy.

Why would anybody want to use that surely people would book their own flight and their hotel with booking.com - I can't really see an advantage or anykind of USP.
I just put in some details for a week with Gatwick as closest and just me travelling £500 budget and it made one suggestion of prague in a male dormitory :rofl
For some reason my comments are not getting approved by the moderation team? Is this how it works?

@doe we are not putting any commission. We are not travel agents. The idea is to show possible destinations for your money. Just trying to give answer to this: "where can i go this weekend for 300gbp"

Please consider that this is a beta version. We are working to improve the selection algorithm.

I take seriously your feedback, but its exactly the opposite from what we are getting the last two months.

Accept my apologies for any grammar mistakes!
andy66 wrote:
Some punters will buy any " package "
I like to try before I buy :D http://i.ytimg.com/vi/L8OtdgOOOgU/hqdefault.jpg

Love the leopard skin budgie smugglers. :rofl so Delboy, the early episodes were some of the best.
Miss Pink wrote:
I just put in some details for a week with Gatwick as closest and just me travelling £500 budget and it made one suggestion of prague in a male dormitory :rofl

Nice one :rofl :rofl
OK, OK it's not perfect yet.
But I reckon their idea shows promise. Their website certainly seems to run quickly.
When it gets out of beta (and they HAVE to lose that dog! :) ) it might be good.
Things are becoming increasing limited as the big guys of travel like TUI ramp up package prices wherever they can and participate in mergers further reducing customer choice.
I shall personally watch this idea with interest and I wish them luck with their project.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.