General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Travel insurance
14 Posts
say nothing!!! I doubt First choice will ever know!
I agree with Chivas. :wink:
Its not FC its to the ins company. I had to sign for the bag when it came, but we have spent a lot of money replacing items in the 12 weeks.
Was there not something stated in the claim you made about what you should do in the event the luggage was eventually found? I would have expected there to be.

Personally I think you are entitled to the insurance payout and the luggage given the time that has passed.

I will move this topic from Holiday Complaints to General Holiday Enquiries as it isn't really a complaint.

luci :wave
Isn't is just like car insurance? Happened to me once. Car got stolen and insurance Company paid me (within two weeks which was very quick). A couple of months later the police called me and advised me that they found the car.

Spoke to the insurance Company and they advised me the car is now legally theirs.

Would have thought the same with the luggage.

I would call the insurance Company and advise them of this and tell them they can collect the luggage at their expense. They probably won't but at least you offered.

Mark :D
Yeah but how can they give the insurance company a casio divers watch when they replaced a rolex??? :D
sorry chivas we dont cover watches jewellery cameras sunglasses hair straightners money any audio equipt etc etc!! check sections a b c d e!!!! basically we only cover clothes, oh and that is only if you have the reciepts :roll:
Everyone take note if you ever need to make a claim only claim for clothes and very expensive ones!!! because if you have no reciepts you only get half of the value. :(
Blimey mate, I hope they gave you something for the case!
Whilst I'm not a fan of insurance Companies myself (they afterall run a profitable business and will do all possible not to pay out a claim), I would not advise anybody to:

Everyone take note if you ever need to make a claim only claim for clothes and very expensive ones!!! because if you have no reciepts you only get half of the value.

as it could well be seen as fraud. You hardly ever get "new for old". Wear and tear is always taken into account.

Mark :D
If you really can't live with saying nothing then I would do as Mark suggested and contact the insurers to tell them that contrary to previous reports your items have now been found. As has been said before chances are they won't bother collecting them.
Let us know what you decide as it may be useful to members.

Hi Guys
Legally i am entitled to hee haw as they say!!! If the insurance company check with the airline i owe the insurance company all the money back.
:?
Still get delayed bagage money though, ended up with £108, and all the wifes clothes back.
Thanks for the update Neil. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.