Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
What a valid point Mark and Tracy have raised regarding taking excursion trips to Israel and Jordan whilst staying in Egypt. It is certainly worthwhile enquiring about insurance cover when booking your trips to both of the above destinations and I wouldn't mind betting that any cover provided is "minimal"! Perhaps, if you plan to move around a bit and visit other countries, even for a day, a worldwide policy is advisable? Certainly something I had never considered before!
I work in travel insurance & our policies do class Egypt as Europe - however wouldnt cover Jordan under Europe - so even visiting just for the day you would not be covered whilst there. So a please check with your individual policy wording
I was told by our insurance company ,Fortis,that they class countries as Europe if they have a coastline bordering the Mediterranean.
hi
re insurance. My insurance which is insure and go classes egypt as europe. I asked my friend who is in insurance and she said most do now.
We payed £12 for a weeks insurance last year for our trip to Egypt an it was a Europe policy. Proof that it was ok came when I claimed for a medical bill of £125 and got it back less the £60 excess, have seen plenty more expensive policies from more well known companies with higher excess charges.
This year we have booked insurance through Moneysupermarket.com again but really splashed out, after reading the different policies we didn't take the cheapest and payed almost £16 for 2 weeks but the excess is only £50, just incase. Always check the excess, found that they varied from £50-100, would not of bothered claiming if the excess was £100.

Barry.
M & S class Egypt as `world wide`. But will be checking out Moneysupermarket before we renew, can`t complain though as they were excellent settling a claim we had to make last May.

Does anyone know if you make a claim will it affect future policies with other companies and your renewal?

Thanks
I very much doubt, with the number of companies offering travel insurance, that a claim with one company would affect your premium with another. I can believe, however, that renewing with the same company after a previous "large" claim could result in an increased premium.

We've got our current annual policy through Debenhams as they were offering a particularly good price when we were looking. For the previous three years, however, we had used the Post Office's travel insurance. We claimed twice during that period, both times for under £300 and there was never a problem renewing, at the going rate.
Some companies will state that they will not pay out for an illness you have previously claimed for within a year, not sure if there are similar rules for other types of claims but most policies seem to only worry when you have made more than 3 claims in 5 years.

Barry.
Thanks, don`t really know how much the total claim was for, suppose I`ll just have to wait and see what they say at renewal and get some other quotes in the meantime just incase.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.