Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Travel Insurance
30 Posts
I use http://www.insureandgo.co.uk . when I was getting quotes i found it was about 50/50 as to whether they classed Egypt as europe. Insure and go do :D . they are very reasonable and include lots of activities i.e watersports that other more expensive policies do not and if you wish to do something that is not covered i.e paragliding you can add on for a very small fee . I have also made a couple of claims and they have never quibbled. :D . I also took out the platinum policy which was about £15/20 more for an annual family of 5 policy and it takes the excess down to nil on most claims. I also told them about my sons medical condition which is important that you do and they covered that with no extra charge.

lyn
I will try them later I used my Unison site last night but I think it worked out dearer than last year when we went abroad.
But these sound good too.
Thanks
We use Essential Travel (underwritten by AXA)

With them, any country bordering the Mediterranean is classed as in Europe.
Everest et al,
I notice that within the pop-up list of countries on the Essential Travel web site Israel, Lebanon, Libya and Algeria are not classed as Europe despite their Mediterranean coastlines. Syria, Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco are though.

Cheers,
Jet
booklet from post office tells you Egypt comes under europe but always check with own company 1st
Jet, maybe they've altered it since they changed to AXA. It used to be ANY country bordering the Med beforehand.
We were told it is world wide to Egypt and use it for the states as well.
Hi

Egypt is classed as worldwide for insurance purposes.

Check http://www.moneysupermarket.com/travelinsurance for a wide range of very competative quotes from many companies.

Graham
crikey a lot of conflicting advice
Egypt is part of Africa?? So i was told so world wide, Africa is certainly not europe.

[Situated at the northeastern corner of Africa, Egypt is bordered on the north by the Mediterranean Sea, in the east by Israel and the Red Sea, in the South by Sudan, and to the west by Libya
As already stated, some insurance companies class any country with a Mediterranean coastline as "Europe" for travel insurance purposes. Other companies exclude "higher risk" countries such as Libya, Lebanon and Algeria from this approach. Others still MAY exclude Egypt. This is regardless of whether the country is actually located in the continents of Asia and Africa or not.
As with everything - research, research, research! Always check the small print and exclusions of travel insurance policies before purchase as it may prove a costly mistake if you only find out about an exclusion after the event.

Cheers,
Jet.
my travel insurance with insure and go is for europe only and includes egypt. but as I say when i was getting quotes it was 50/50 as to whether companies class Egypt as europe or worldwide. before insure and go i had a policy with marks and spencer and they classed egypt as worldwide but was obviously more expensive for that reason.
Derwentrocker wrote:
Egypt is part of Africa?? So i was told so world wide, Africa is certainly not europe.

Tunisa is in Africa and we went there on a Europe insurance policy.

luci :wave
We have an annual policy and Egypt comes under Europe, as did Tunisia last year.
So I think it all depends on who you have your insurance with!
used insure and go this year and that covers eygpt and will use them again next year
My insurers are Fortis, but i havent lost out on my annual policy as off to NYC in February.
Every year Egypt has come under 'Europe' for us. Try confused.com - we got good family annual policy with Atlas.
Egypt is most certainly classed as Europe for holiday travel by many, though not all companies.
Over the years we have been lucky, or unlucky, depending on your point of view, to claim for various losses/ damages/ medical expenses etc., and never had any problem at all.
In recent years we have used The Post Office policy and paid a small amount extra to ensure that there is no excess to pay on anything. Most satisfactory, and they dont seem to worry that I am now "an old git"!!
I think we will be going with Insure and go but even though Egypt is classed and Europe Israel and Jordan isnt so if we went on a trip I assume it would have to be with travel co to ensure properly insured.
I dont think we will be going to Israel though as kids want to see pyramids and I cant afford to do both :(
Those that have gone with insure and go do you have the gold package? or will silver suffice :que

Tesco dont count Egypt as Europe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.