Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
I suppose it all depends on what your trying to achieve. If you have paid the balance and it's non refundable I would not cancel any holiday.

If you could not go you have lost nothing and can go and talk to your insurer..

l
Hi Howler
Best thing to do is to go to bhf.org.uk( British Heart Foundation). You will find a list of insurance companies that can provide cover. Best to tell the insurance company everything- so you will be covered if waiting for a clinic appointment. I think you might be pleasantly surprised. When you pick where and when you want to go, get the insurance first.
I don't understand what the poster is asking.:hmmm

He's been given the all clear to fly by his cardiologist and if he is referred back to him by his GP, then he will probably required an angiogram..... So at the moment it implies that he's not waiting for a clinic appointment with a cardiologist, and who knows when he is going to be referred back?.
It could be weeks, months or years, depending on his medical condition changing enough to warrant his GP to refer him back.

Also he doesn't tell us which country he's travelling to. If it's Europe, then like many of us with pre-existing conditions, we have to rely on our EHIC card when we can't get insurance to cover a particular condition on our insurance policy....... or if you manage to get it included, the insurance costs considerably more than the price of the holiday.

It seems to me that he is jumping the gun of what might or might not happen in the future. He's been given the all clear to fly and if his insurance company is aware that he has angina and his medication, they should decide whether to cover him or not.
Looking into a crystal ball and trying to forecast when a condition may change is no sound basis for making any decision.

Sanji x
Thanks for your input guys..will carry on and see what occurs after I've seen gp. Will let you know
There are a few insurance companies who cover pre existing medical conditions.

As Sanji says take your EHIC card if travelling to Europe.

Let us know if you need any more help.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.