General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
travel republic
2 Posts
they are doing nothing that other agents and tour operators do including the big 4 .. example last year i was watching the price on Thomson, for a week at a particular hotel the price went up and down daily till we reached the Christmas sale lo and behold the sale price was a wapping 30% off the broacher price, sounds good.. No it made the holiday for 2 of us £400 dearer than at its lowest price a few weeks previous...

Its called marketing [we use to call it something for nothing] many people will see the discount and assume its a good deal and human greed tell them to buy.

[bit like poundland a bag of 6 snacks with 2 extra free for a pound, which sounds briliant till you work out the individual bags contain around 40% less than standard bags a a supermarket at £1.20 for 12 pack so you do your sums and the supermarket is about 20% cheaper per 100gms]

so as the uk law says caveat emptor [let the buyer beware]

wiz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.