Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Never used TR have used A! several times [or fleetway travel depending on price/flight times] had no problems with A!

wizard
Compulsory online checkin is probably a requirment of the particular airline not the agent. Or they may mean that the price assumes online checkin and if you turn up at the airport the airline will charge you there. Which leads to a much more important question, does the agents price include luggage? You can't assume it does and the airlines that have these checkin rules tend to be the ones who charge extra for luggage. Make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before you book otherwise it could get very expensive.
I have used Travel republic and everything has been fine. Yesterday I was on their site pricing a holiday for friends. The fight was with a low cost airline and as you went through the booking proceedure there was a charge for luggage of £16 for 15kg per person.
Hi
well i dedcided to book with A1 so i went through all the booking procedure online and paid the full amount then about 5 mins later i had A1 ring me to say Ryan Air has put their prices up since booking by a extra £23 per person and did i want to go ahead with the booking, i didnt know companies could do this once you have paid !! i wasnt happy at all so i said no and cancelled. so i then booked with travel republic which in the end cost about £70 cheaper.

Mandy x
Well done. You escaped from the potential nightmare that is A1 Travel.
I'll leave it up to you to search these forums for "A1 Travel" to see how they have behaved.
( See how they handled refunds from CAA protection when compared to how other TA handle them )!
I would avoid A1 Travel at all costs !
I've used Travel Republic a number of times for both hotel and flight bookings and had no problems - in fact on one occasion , because the TR price included checked in baggage it was cheaper to book Jet 2 flights with TR than direct via the Jet2 website because checked baggage would have been charged as an extra.

I've never used A1 but would be hesitant about doing so in the future because they seem to have badly mishandled the processing of refunds to customers after the collapse of Goldtrail. Some posters on HT were apparently waiting more than 12 months for thier money from the CAA to be passed on to them.

SM
Have used TR for many years - long stay, multiple bookings, flights only, transfers, last minute roooms and never had any cause for complaint. We were thrown out of a closing hotel at the height of the tunisian revolution and a quick e mail to Steve resulted in a transfer to another hotel and all problems solved.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.