General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
...and if you have a small child with you get them to remove their shoes too. Then when they kick the back of my seat for hours on end it won't be so painful.
:lol:
Bridd
Good idea, but can I just ask that people think about washing their feet before going away. I always seem to get a real ponger near me when I'm on a flight, and then there's always the phantom wind breaker that I have to put up with as well :roll:
Be careful if you take your shoes off. Not everybody's feet goes back down and I've seen a number of people getting of planes with shoes in their hands. Flight stockings will prevent this.
I always seem to get a real ponger near me when I'm on a flight, and then there's always the phantom wind breaker that I have to put up with as well

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh the joys of travel!
My daughter always seems to get an itchy foot during the flight meal, we all have our trays down full of drinks and gravy-laden 'casserole' and the poor darling has to sit and squirm until we've finished eating and the trays have been cleared :roll:

I buy trainers a half-size bigger than usual for my holidays, and I take them off during the flight - it makes those all-important leg exercises easier too :D
my son said he saw some flight socks in asda for £2.00 i will check this myself :)
I bought the scholl nude flight socks that look like pop socks, and you really can't see them if you wear trousers, crops or a long skirt. I find them really comfortable and keep your feet nice and cosy on that air conditioned flight.

:lol: The only thing is don't copy what I did on my last holiday and wear flip flops to travel - when I went to put my flight socks on, I had rather a problem!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wish i had read this forum before i went and spent 12.99 on a pair of flight socks from our chemist for my son who flys out to N.Z. tomorrow.
Never mind i can use them in nov when we fly out to goa.
Er not necessarily...flight socks come in various sizes...best to check the measurements to see if they will fit you. They need to fit properly.
i bought some flight socks from asda for £4.85, my son thought they were £1.99 silly boy he was looking at the wrong price still think they were a bargain though :)
Sunbear.
To late i've already tried them on they fit ok.
Message to all `ladies` please becareful when you take these socks off, as they are so tight it is quite an effort and I managed to bend one of my nails back and broke it!! had a sore finger for a couple of days. sob, sob.
Katiesmum.

Oooooooooohhhh
painful.
Heres some more. I agree with the other poster though, they are obviously supposed to be so tight, but they can really hurt your nails! I'd also recommend putting them on when you are at the gate - economy seating isn't the best situation to try and put them on. Ok you might look like a bit of a wally walking to the plane, but then you can laugh at the other people trying to squeeze the socks on in their seat on the plane :wink:

http://www.ifsogo.com/acatalog/onyourjourney.html
just come back from spain, by coach.
flight socks where great,no ankles like ballons.
we put them onat home (a bit of a struggle) and took them off when we got to our apartment in spain.(the same coming home)
when you take your socks off (bliss)your ankles swell a little,but they make the whole journey a lot more comfortable. :lol:
Spain by coach? You're brave!! We went to Disneyland Paris by coach and that was quite long enough for me! My feet swelled terribly on that journey (hadn't heard of flight socks then)
I wore my flight socks going to Lanza last year, but couldn't be bothered with them when we went to Lloret later in the year - it was only a 2 hour flight and they would have looked daft with my crop pants :oops:
I'll be wearing them again to Lanza in 5 weeks, but I really think that keeping your legs active during the journey with exercises and trips to the loo is just as important as wearing the socks.
My flight socks were from asda, by the way :)
We went to Spain by coach twice in the 1980`s, and I was the one hobbling off the bus in Lloret de Mar with my sandals in my hand, wish I`d known about flight socks then, the journey took 27hours, and it was worse coming home, because there isn`t even a holiday to look forward to.
when is the best time to put them on(before you come out of the house)or is that to soon are they realy tight :?:
yes spain is along way by coach, but as long as you go prepared and make it part of your holiday its ok.
i put my socks on when i got dressed to go,and there not tight when you get them on.(its getting them on and off)
quite a few people had them on,and with shorts and crop pants. :D
They shouldn't actually be too tight - that's not good for the circulation! They should feel comfortable but certainly not loose :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.