General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Groovybaby,

I wear Scholl socks when flying.

There is a definite knack of getting them on.

I find them comfortable.
I wear Boots flightsocks when flying - I also wear them for work if I am on a long shift. Take a bit of getting used to getting them on (if you know what I mean)! :roll:
Here is a tip for putting on the flight sock.

It only works it the toe end is open.

Put your foot into a plastic bag first then slip the sock on over the plastic bag. Finally remove the plastic bag through the toe opening.
I favour the school flight socks, they are difficult to put on, but once in place correctly are very comfortable....but oooooooh, I do love to remove them after the flight :o
Anyone know if the Scholl socks are any good? second question, is is possible to have a dvt after a flight and not know it? Ive sometimes had an achy calf after flying and then it's cleared up itself. Panicking I might have had a dvt and not known? Can they clear up on their own? And whats the treatment for one?
cheers

Groovybaby.
Its possible that DVT symptoms can seem quite mild. Mine was merely a slight ache in my calf and a slight swelling...if I had not known about the DVT symptoms I would not have been at all concerned and would not have approached my GP. Initial diagnosis was via ultrasound scan...my GP got me the scan within half an hour. I gather DVT's are often misdiagnosed.

Treatment involved initial injections of low molecular weight heparin to get the anti-coagulation treatment up and running combined with taking warfarin. The warfarin treatment was kept up for three months till I was given all clear by my consultant.

Incidentally I had worn Scholl flight socks during the flight which just goes to show these are not a totally fool proof method of prevention.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.