Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
A1 Travel
23 Posts
I tried to book to Sharm, and they rang me and told me the price had gone up by £16 fromt he online price and this was the last seat.. did I want it. So I paid it and got confirmation.

Just checked their system today, and the flight is down by £33 from the price I paid!!!! So much for the last seat.

I rang the guy who booked me direct, he was not intersted, he gave me another number, who told me that they only accept complaints in writing!!!!!! Is it worth it, or should I go to ABTA or am I wasting my time???

I've always had good service from them before! Advice please!!
How does anyone expect to improve things if they only post a moan about bad service. So it may only be £16.00 this time. So you are out of pocket - Sure you can't stretch to the price of a stamp or two. Letter of complaint to them, one to ABTA and if you are flush one to the travel section of one of the Sunday broadsheets. As long as people are not willing to do anything then it will not change. Bad publicity is the last thing these people want. Enough people complain they will either clean up their act or go out of business.

fwh
hi, just wondered if anyone had used these as we have just booked with them, was given a price..then phoned back when i spoke with OH and was put through to supervisor who told me i had been given the wrong price(room problem), so agreed to the higher price as it was still good and paid a deposit.......so just wondering if anyones had dealings with these

thanx

sharon
Not had any dealings with them, but it looks like they are members of Abta.

Kath T Admin
thanx kath, they are abta and atol(i asked first) but as we all know it doesn`t make them a good company, hopefully someone will have used these before and hope they`ll reply

thanx again

sharon
Hi shazza

I have merged your post with an existing topic on A1 Travel.

luci :wave
thanx luci,

dunno whether i wanted to know this :shock:

but there we are...we live and learn

sharon
It's a pity you hadn't done a search of the forums for A1 Travel before you booked. Hopefully things will go OK for you. Let us know how you get on for the benefit of other members.

hi luci,
will do..only just found the search button... i think it should be bigger or i need new glasses

thanx

sharon
paid for the holiday today, they were lovely on the phone...i got confirmation by email last week and there was nothing on abt insurance...when i booked i was told i could pay a £50 per person deposit, i mentioned insurance and she said that would have to be paid so she said the deposit was 249.17 which i paid..when i queried things today there was no insurance on, i was also told i had been charged £7 for paying by debit card, when i paid the balance i was charged £3..so it has cost me £10, if i`d known i would have payed the full amount at the time of booking, i was also told i could have free transfers and flight meals..flyjet include meals and i have been charged transfers, told the girl i wasn`t happy and she said she would speak to her supervisor, but have heard nothing.. don`t think i`ll use A1 again..only hope the holiday goes ok.!!!!!!!

sharon
Not sure if this should be in here or in the flights forum. i am going to book some flights with them to Dalaman, which airline(s)n do A1 use?

Thank you
anyone got any good reports for this company? Want to book flights to sharm for christmas, excel have cancelled my original flights, so dont want anything else to go wrong.
Merged with existing topic.

We've used A1 quite a few times, and had no problems at all with them. Looks like we were just lucky!
I've used A1 several times, but it was years ago and had no problem with them.
They booked me a particular hotel through a Spanish TO and that was a dam site cheaper than Thomson were charging at the time, then put 2 fights in the package.
They sent me a letter/voucher to present at the hotel and flight tickets....

Only stopped using them because after a few years they couldn't book via a Spanish operator for the hotel I wanted. IE Euroamerica and Barcelo.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiii
well..
our holiday went smoothly, we got our tickets about 2 weeks before departure but NO luggage labels..so apart from a few probs to start with the rest went fine..still think i`ll use another company in the future as there are a lot.

sharon
Ive not seen any luggage labels in a long time, but you can ask for them at check in if you need them. Alternatively, get your own permanent ones.
Or create your own HT ones using the Luggage Label Creation Tool at the top of the General Holiday Enquiries forum. :wink:

i did try luci,
but it emptied my ink cartridge :roll:

sharon
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.