Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I have just had an unbelievable experience with this company, admittedly it was my own fault however I believe they are using underhand tactics. I booked a week in Tenerife at the beginning of this year. We carefully choose a destination we had previous been and picked different apartments. We also included airport transfers in our booking . Today I went on line to print my documents to discover they have booked us into a golf resort and had no transfers on form . Thought this would be a mistake as I did book them and decided to phone A1travel , they said they would check back on the system and phone back , they did call back stating we did in fact book this accommodation in an area we have never been nd we did not booked transfers . I told them that we did not and would not book a golf resort and that we paid 27 quid for transfers . The woman said the amount we paid was only for accomodation and if we want to change we have to pay 800 quid . I know I should have checked when email came in but I didn't , it's my own fault . I have a differing amount that came out my bank to my receipt so I can prove I paid transfers but it does not help me just now . Don't use this company !
Welcome to Holiday Truths! I hope you stay around and let us know the final outcome of this dispute but I'm not sure what you think is underhand about this? Mistakes can happen, quite genuinely, and that's why all TAs and TOs ask you to check the paperwork immediately and get back to them if there is a problem. Had you done this you might have got a different response from them and found them more willing to rectify the the situation at no cost to you?

SM
We booked a 5 night, 4 day stay in the Costa Del Sol and I spent weeks deciding on a particular hotel based around location and reviews etc.

We turned up at the hotel at midnight to find it closed for the winter. None of the emergency phone numbers worked and we basically had to find a 24 hour hotel and pay for it ourselves. Upon calling A1 travel the next day, they informed us that they did not have information that our hotel was closed. They did some checking and called us back and told us that we were to be moved to their sister hotel. This was 3km away from the centre of town. While the hotel was okay, the all inclusive deal was about as far from all inclusive as you could get with rules and exclusions as long as your arm and the food was really poor quality and so disgusting we had to just eat out. I don't eat fatty processed food at home so wasn't going to eat that on holiday. We were also so far away from the centre of town it was really quiet.

If we had known this in advance we would have tried to move to a different hotel. We ended up having to use all our spending money on food and drink, effectively paying for it twice. My partner got food poisoning also and spent a day in bed vomiting.

This was one of the WORST HOLIDAYS EVER and I am yet to find out what level of compensation they are going to provide after submitting my complaint.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.