Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I agree - DO NOT USE TRAVELATE

I booked a holiday with Travelate to go to Madeira. I phoned around 5pm on Friday 12th June 2015 to travel on Saturday 20th June.
I chased them until Tuesday 16th June as I still had no confirmation email from my booking - they had even given me a price of £832.
On Tuesday I got through to a guy who told me he had been trying to contact me (FIRST LIE) to 'get me a better deal on my flight'. I told him I was happy as I was flying from London at a decent time. I was then told that I had a 4 hour transfer in Edinburgh. I said that I had not agreed that and my flight as direct. Like the person above I was told that they had it recorded and I had agreed (SECOND LIE), so I asked to hear the recording. What they played was not my conversation but a bit at the end where the Travelate booker says, "All flights are subject to change and transfers".

As I complained more the guy even offered me different destinations so it was obvious that, from Friday Travelate had given me a price for my holiday, taken my card details and had NOT booked anything for me. My final receipt had everything booked on Tuesday.

They then had the cheek to tell me that if I cancelled I would be charged a cancellation fee!!

DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING WITH TRAVELATE
I agree with dilbert65, I booked a holiday for wife & I with 321 to gran canaria, paid first £100 with credit card & remainder with debit. Call centre was about to close & I was informed confirmation would be with me in the morning. 2 days later after no contact I telephoned them & spoke with Danny Webb, he said he had been trying to contact me as there was only one seat left on the flight so could not confirm booking.
He then offered alternative flights which were unsuitable so I refused them. He then stated that he would be charging a cancellation fee of £50 x 2. I argued he could not charge cancellation fee for something that had not been booked. Told him thats fine as credit card would cover first £100 & I would be refunded. He then openly stated (do you think I'm stupid) it's coming off your debit card I have the details of. My next statement confirmed this, I have since taken it up with my bank who are disputing it.
This "man" should not be in the position to access financial details & should be removed from position immediately. He is untrustworthy & a liar, recording of our telephone conversation will confirm this, but of course it cannot be traced.
Honestdave0
Booked a holiday last night to go this Thursday, website stated £265 pp, quoted £309 pp on the phone, 4* half board. Agreed, but asked for flight details, which couldn't be provided at the time. Stated do not want this trip unless direct flights. Was told would be confirmed today - no booking confirmation provided, and surprise surprise, direct flights not 'available'. Was happy to change location, board, star rating, all for direct flights from Stansted at a cost of £309. Nothing available apparently. And now, despite no information being provided in writing, have been robbed of £100 for a holiday that is not happening.
Similar experience with Travelate ( 321 Travel Services). They took my card details but when I asked which airline they were going to get my flights on they said Air UK. That raised suspicions as I knew that Air UK were no longer around and did not fly from my local airport. Rang back to cancel and they said that it was non-refundable and there would be 100% charges for my holiday ( potentially£1400). Asked my credit card company to intervene and they lodged a dispute which eventually resulted in a chq refund being issued. You take a very big risk doing business with 321 Travel Services or Travelate or a number of other names they operate under. It's a shame that the Travel Industry doesn't weed out the minority who give the genuine, honest travel agents out there, a bad name.
I HAVE EVEN BEEN ROBBED,,SORRY OVERCHARGED OVER £500,JUST TAKEN FROM MY ACCOUNT ACCIDENTLY,,LIES.NO CALLS BACK,NO CONFIRMATIONS,FLIGHT CHANGES,COVER UPS,I ACTUALLY DONT HAVE TIME AT THE MOMENT TO LIST IT ALL BUT MY BANK IS INVOLVED,AND SOON MAYBE THE POLICE IF I HAVE TO,,
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.