Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Travelbag Asia
10 Posts
I've used them twice and have absolutely no complaints. When you book you will get that person's phone number so you always deal with the same person if you have any queries.
edit to add- we actually wanted a hotel for part of our trip which they did not have and they managed to secure it for me at a good rate
Thanks Fiona, We usually go to Goa (10 times) but need to try somewhere else, went to Mexico in January, never been to Dubai, Bangkok or Thailand but they are offering a very good deal with all flights and 4 star hotels.

Maria
Which hotels are they offering? If you want to sightsee in Dubai I would recommend a city one rather than a beach one. Bangkok- really important to get a hotel close to a skytrain or metro stop.
Hi Fiona

They are offering novotel in Diera city Dubai, in Bangkok its the Rembrandt, so that all sounds familier as what you have said.

I can remember what hotel they said in Phuket but it will be at the beach.

Thanks

Maria
I havent stayed at the Rembrandt but it is in a great position, I love Sukhumvit Road.
Dubai- recent reviews are not good. I would ask for another choice.
HowardMaria and Fiona - Hi,

The Rembrandt is, in my opinion, a little far from the Skytrain, or MRT. It is well priced and, although we haven't stayed there (visited on several occasions to meet friends) it is a fair step from Asok, or Phrom Phong stations (we have walked it in the daytime and in the evening humidity). It certainly seemed further than we had been led to believe.

I understand that, a while ago, they did start to offer a complimentary Tuk Tuk for guests, to ASOK and the MRT station (I think it's just called Sukhumvit).

You do get a reasonable hotel for the money, and it is fairly close to some good restaurants (especially Delat Indochine - one of our favourites),and the nightlife of Soi Cowboy,

Enjoy Bangkok!

Peter
Well we have gone and booked, 2nd January 2014 - 3 nights in Dubai at the Novotel nr World Trade Centre, 3 nights in Bangkok at the Century Park, then 8 nights in Phuket at the Centara Karon Resort. Really looking forward to it.
That sound fab Maria, have a great time :tup
Have a great time. January is an excellent time to go.

We have to wait until March - flights and hotels now confirmed.

Look forward to hearing your views on Bangkok and Phuket

Enjoy!

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.