Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
HI

The Travelodge Wynyard is in a good location you can walk to most things in the city from there we have stayed at this hotel and had no complants about it and will be staying again there sometime.
The under ground Wynyard train station is just across the street so you could use that from the airport.
This hotel is very well priced it is not best but you are not paying tops for it we found it clean and tidy

Coral Sands Resort in Trinity Beach looks ok from the out side we walked passed it in May this year it is close to the beach and had a good pool you will most likely want a car to get the best out of this area as there are some good drives into the hills the airport is about 20 KLS away
I stayed in the Traveloge Wynyard in January and would stay there again. The rooms are nice and clean and big and comfortable enough for a short stay. The cafe/bar downstairs serves lovely food and wine and its not overpriced. Its a cracking location for all the sights. You are only a 10 mins walk to the harbour bridge and the rocks. We walked to most of the attractions from the hotel. Have a fab time!
Hi Laura,

I have also stayed at Travelodge Wynyard. As has been said, at the prices you pay, it is well situated and the rooms are reasonable. You will be only a short walk away from The Rocks, and therefore the Bridge, the Opera House and the Botanical Gardens. You are also close to Darling Harbour. My wife and I walked as far as Chinatown one day, and came back by monorail.

If you are feeling adventurous, do the Bridge climb while you are there. It is not remotely strenuous, hard as that may be to believe. Also, you might enjoy the ferry over to Manly, where the beach is beautiful. The ferry takes you out past the Opera House and it is really a very nice trip.

You can also take a circular route bus to Bondi Beach if you prefer, though I thought Manly was nicer. On the bus trip, you can get on and off the bus a often as you like, so you can visit Bondi and several other places in one day.

One thing I should mention about Travelodge Wynyard. I booked it for seven nights and chose it because we were going to stay up in the Blue Mountains for two nights in the middle of the trip, so I wasn't paying for 7 nights in an expensive hotel and only using 5 of them.

On the day I left, they handed me a bill for drinks from the minibar and use of the internet from my room. We had no drinks whatsoever from the minibar, and I had used the coin-fed internet machine in the reception lounge area for internet access.

I argued this with the girl at the desk and she relented and reluctantly scratched the bill. However, I'm sure she thought I was lying. I was convinced that this bill must have been rung up during our two night stay away in Bilpin Springs, but did not have the time to check this, as my transport to the airport was waiting.

Might have been a one-off, but you never know.
The Travelodge is a good location, although I think you might get better value from the one in Philip Street without compromising on location (we did a few months back).

I'd strongly recommend the Blue Lagoon in Cairns, great result, good location a few minutes walk away from restaurants and a nice beach and a step above the Coral Sands in my opinion.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.