Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Travelsoon.com
21 Posts
Hi and welcome to HT!

We have a post running in our Holiday Complaints forum on Travelsoon that you might be interested in.
Hi dont know if this reply too late but phoned travelsoon at weekend to book holiday the man i got had all the chat but tried taking all credit card details from me before booking my flights , when i refused he said he would call me back , he twice tried selling me flights that didnt exist and hung up on me when i refused i dread to think what holiday would have been booked for me had i given payment details . ive since got same holiday at £100 less from travel republic would not trust travelsoon seems all about commission.
all about commision ,your telling me . we are booked to go on a jolly to portugal in 3 days . just before xmas i travelsoon contacted me and said the plane times had been brought forward on our return journey. then they told me that we would have to pay £25 per head (6 people in group) to ammend our transfers. I said no,she then said £12.50 each . I said no thats ridiculous ,it wasn't our fault the times were changed. We e.mailed A-B the transfer company who said they dont charge for ammendments. today she phoned from travelsoon and said she needed us to pay the money for her to do the admin .what a con !!!! we have to pay under the terms and conditions. This is ridiculous as it would only take ONE e.mail to the transfer company,and they were going to charge us £150!!!!!
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2013-01-29 12:52:18
    edit to replace 'said' for 'z' please don't post in text type. Thanks
Doesn't sound fair to me either dizzy dragon.
It may not sound fair, but it's what was agreed to when the booking was done. Best to read the terms and conditions before booking, and avoid the OTAs that have terms that you don't find acceptable, or just book one, or all elements direct with the supplier.
Would it not be cheaper to get a taxi ????
I booked a hol with these on monday and i cancelled my hotel today as when i rang to book it was to Belamedena but she said that was not available as there wasnt enough rooms there is 4 adults travelling so she said there is a great deal to Majorca same day she told me it was on the beach near Palma nova and in a lively resort gave me the name of the hotel and said she would ring me back in 5 mins when i had spoke to the other couple sure enough 5 mins and she was on phone not even had enough time to look at the place properly but the other couple said lets go for it,so i booked it low and behold its nothing like they said its on a cliff with steps leading to a rocky bit(thats the beach)it is 30 mins away by bus to Palma nova and it is in the middle of nowhere,so i phoned them to tell them its nothing like the girl had said and the lies they come out with is unbelievable they said she told me it was 25 mins away urm no she didn't,then she said does anyone in the party struggling walking as i should have told them urm excuse me but to me on the beach means on the beach not a cliff and they hold no responsibility they wanted me to pay 25 pound per person for admin fees plus 180 to change hotels thats only 8 pound dearer i dont think so worse company i have ever known they are rude dont like it when you tell them there wrong very stroppy with you please nobody ever book with these.
Hi
I have used Travelsoon for 3 holidays now, the most recent one being a trip to Cyprus with my husband and our 2 other couples for my Dad's 65th birthday. We had quite a bit of toing and frowing trying to choose the most suitable accommodation as when there are 3 couples it is tricky to find something that is going to be right for everyone. I spent a while on the phone with Travelsoon but they were always courteous and seemed to know what they were talking about when it came to the hotel and when we arrived everything was as they described. The holiday was excellent value and was cheaper than anywhere else I could find so that was another plus. We had a lovely two weeks and apart from a bit of a bumpy landing on the way back it was everything we had hoped for. I would definitely use Travelsoon again, not got anything planned as yet but when I,m looking again I will do my research and give them a ring. :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers
I booked a holiday for me and my husband in October with Travelsoon.com. Everything went well from start to finish. We got a good price for our holiday, the advisor was helpful and the whole process was fine. We went on holiday, had a good time and got back without any flight delays, bad weather or anything else so all in all it was excellent. Would recommend Travelsoon to friends and family so would definitely recommend on here to anyone looking for a typical package holiday as they provide good value. :) :cheers :D
debbiereynolds1990 wrote:
I booked a holiday for me and my husband in October with Travelsoon.com. Everything went well from start to finish. We got a good price for our holiday, the advisor was helpful and the whole process was fine. We went on holiday, had a good time and got back without any flight delays, bad weather or anything else so all in all it was excellent. Would recommend Travelsoon to friends and family so would definitely recommend on here to anyone looking for a typical package holiday as they provide good value. :) :cheers :D

Travelsoon don't sell package holidays, only separate elements.
Sunaddict wrote:
debbiereynolds1990 wrote:
I booked a holiday for me and my husband in October with <span class="skimwords-unlinked">Travelsoon.com</span>. Everything went well from start to finish. We got a good price for our holiday, the advisor was helpful and the whole process was fine. We went on holiday, had a good time and got back without any flight delays, bad weather or anything else so all in all it was excellent. Would recommend Travelsoon to friends and family so would definitely recommend on here to anyone looking for a typical package holiday as they provide good value. :) :cheers :D

Travelsoon don't sell package holidays, only separate elements.

But they can get you back without any flight delays , or bad weather or anything else , it all sounds absolutely marvellous and very remarkable and only a slight chance of a bumpy landing if you're unlucky . :cheers :cheers
andy66 wrote:

But they can get you back without any flight delays , or bad weather or anything else , it all sounds absolutely marvellous and very remarkable and only a slight chance of a bumpy landing if you're unlucky . :cheers :cheers

:yikes :rofl
:rofl love it. Shonky OTA's can now control the weather as well ! Nice one.
Haha very good - obviously the weather, the time we had away and the lack of flight delays was not controlled by Travelsoon so the credit for those probably should go to a higher power... ;)
Good Service

We had to cancel a holiday shortly after making the booking, Travelsoon handled this swiftly and without delay. Excellent service thank you.
I wonder whether Alexandar will turn into another Travelsoon one post wonder? I'm not sure why this thread attracts so many people who make just one post to either praise or condemn Travelsoon and never post again and in some instances never even bother logging on again to see if there are any replies? So come on in again Alexandar and share some of your other holiday experiences with us. We're a friendly bunch on the whole even if a little cynical at times. :)

SM
Well I'd like to think Alexandar was a genuine holidaymaker, but I'm also a cynic, so am tending not to (unless I read anything to change my mind). If the one post wonders that post to praise are employees of Travelsoon, they are doing their employers a disservice. Heaven forbid they're in responsible positions higher up the food chain :yikes
I'm sorry to say that Alexandar is no longer with us, unless of course you can book with Travelsoon if you reside in India :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.