Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
trip to girona
5 Posts
i think the easiest way would be to get the train to macanet and change there for girona (you may need to change at Blanes as well).

the renfe site may help.
look here for trains to macanet.
you may need to search a bit further for train times on the macanet/girona part of the route, but the booking office at SS station will sort you out. they speak good english there.
there is a bus from SS in the morning to girona, via the airport, but not one back beyond Blanes. i don't think it goes to the station, but may be wrong.
look here
neither way would be that expensive.
Blanes and Santa Susanna are on the same line so I would not think you would have to change. Looking at the map the rail line goes inland once past Blanes and goes to Girona.
thanks jim and hi de, been promising myself a trip to girona for a good few years now, will defo go this time, i hear it has quite a bit of history to see
Saw a little bit of Girona on a Place in the Sun looked a nice place to me from what we were shown :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.