Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Many thanks Jaime for your report and also review. Really glad that you had a great holiday and the wedding went to plan. :wave
Hi Jaime.

So glad you had a great time, although it was a foregone conclusion! :wink:

See what I mean about Petsas. Marvels!

I've no idea what deposit you paid for fuel, but when I filled our hire car up the first time I found the deposit was not OTT, based on what I put in.

Mark
I think it was £37cyp deposit. When we filled up it was around £20cyp if I remember right. ack well never mind.

Would definately recommend petsas, the lady who dropped the car off was very helpful and also when we went to the Ayia Napa office to arrange the insurance to drive into the north they were the same in there.

We got lost countless times (half the fun), one of the worst trying to find the crossing point into the north. Also what confused us was its not Famagusta on signs but...Ammochostos! Took us a while to figure that one out.

If we went back there is still lots to see and do, would explore the little towns more, pafos more, troodos...the list goes on. Lots to do if you can't or don't like lying in the sun all day.

edwardesm, thanks for your help when I was booking the hire car :glynis
Forgot to add we spent around £1300 stg in total for the 2 weeks, this included everything we spent, food, drinks (lots :glynis ), taxis (quite a few the first week), car hire, petrol, presents etc...every penny!

We were staying B&B and got taxi to and from Pernera for the first 6 nights. Why do the buses change to every hour after 6pm?! We couldn't time it right, so just paid for a taxi.

HTH people who were asking about budgeting money.
Hi Jamiec,
We were there from the 23rd sep for two weeks, was the Pestas office in Penera? We hired a car from Thsiliv travel on the main strip
Jaime, you're very welcome.

Ammochostos is the 'new' southern name for Famagusta. The northern name is Gazimagusa.

We paid £35 petrol deposit. When I filled up, putting in around 3/4 of a tank I paid £25. Not that bad, IMO.

Mark
iallen, we booked through email with them before we went. They so have an office just as you go into Pernera. They have offices all over.

edwardesm 'The northern name is Gazimagusa. ' we found that out too when we were lost over the border :lol: , think we drive up and down the same street 5 times :lol:

Jaime C :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.