Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
I haven't been to Borneo so can't help there. However try Singapore Airlines for prices. They can include hotels in Singapore. Also- have you tried other TOs? I would suggest Kuoni, Travelbag, Trailfinders, Thomas Cook for starters. Remember all TOs can tailor make your holiday.
I read the other day that Trailfinders will cover you in the event of Airline failure. I have booked a flights with them to NZ/OZ via Singapore with Singapore Airlines. I am doing a stopover package with the Airline which offers very good value for money.
If you stopover anywhere you will have tax to pay as a result. This is not the Airline charging you more it is the Airport Authority and nothing you can do to avoid this.

Sue
Hi, Thanks for that I will try them all to see which can offer me the best value for money! I know I will have to pay airport tax ect for the stop over but the price hike for some reason by Virgin was £1000 can't be right!
Were the original flights also with Singapore Airlines, or with a cheaper airline like Royal Brunei (or Korean?). Singapore Airlines are the same price to Kota Kinabalu as they are to Singapore, so only tax makes a difference (dependent on flight availability of course), and actually there is a sale on until December 07th which means you should get flights in February for under £700 (which might not sound cheap, but saves a £100 on SQ).

Have a check with another Tour Op maybe?
Are you looking at flight costs through a Consolidator or direct from the Airline or perhaps from an TA. My TA told me to book the flights myself as she could not offer me the flights at the cost I found through Trailfinders. They also do not charge for a Credit card transaction or else they have it built in to the cost. They had the best price for the dates I wanted.

Sue
The flights on virgin website were with Singapore airlines to Kota Kinabalu and return but when I rang and asked for the price with a stopover the lady did the flights Singapore airlines to Singapore then Malaysian air to K.L and then to Kota Kinabalu and Malaysian airlines home via K.L. so rather long winded! Gave up on them as not very helpful! Why could not keep original flights I don't know.

Thought about booking airline myself with their stop over package and hotel in both places but bit worrried it will not work.

Thanks for all your input.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.