Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
There are boats in the harbour in Ayia Napa and they do a few different trips. I can't give you very much information I'm afraid as we didn't go on one - although we wanted to, just didn't have enough time to fit everything in. They do half day ones and full day ones. Ones with a barbecue lunch included. I don't remember the exact prices but I know that we thought they were very reasonable. Prob. about £15 per adult if I remember correctly.

Not much help really, sorry :roll:
There are quite a few trips from Napa harbour and plenty touts selling them there. There's no need to book, but get there early enough. Prices are reasonable, but buy your drinks in the supermarket before you set off. That's where they make their profits.
(Tight Yorkshire git, Smiley)

Parky
A guy called Captain Pannikos(?spelling) does a really good trip on his small boat - about 15 of us on it last year. Goes along the coast , stops to swim etc, look at Famagusta. Guide did a really informative commentary, and we had a good laugh - lasted 2 - 3 hours. He throws in wine, fruit and snacks, and in October it only cost £5 per person. Obviously be more in the summer, but it was nice and friendly - some of the other trips had much bigger boats obviously, but they looked really crowded when we were there, hence the decision to go with this guy. He has someone selling tickets beside the beach - not with the main boats at Protaras, but at a little jetty further along to the left.
A good trip we went on from Napa harbour Oct 2002 was the 'yellow submarine' very good if you want to see lots of fish... music... Prob the most entertaining one we've been on while over there...

Jess.
Can anyone give me a rundown list of excursions & websites.

We arent going until july next year staying in Ayia napa but i like to do research.

Many thanks

Lloyd
Hi,

This is what I've been trying to find out too. See my post about Moufflon Reserve. When I search on the internet it just brings up identical information on different sites, which is what the CTO post and print in their literature. No specific info, and no websites from particular tour/excursion operators.

Bit of a dead end at the minute.

Kirren :cry:
OK you two this is the company I use instead of the To. E-mail tourism@louisgroup.com

they have branches at PROTARAS,PAFOS,LARNAKA,AYIA NAPA, LEMESOS

ask them to send you theNational tours and excursion brocher for your resort (prices varie between resorts)

hope this helps

brian
Thank you Brian

Kirren :)
The trips i know about booking through a guide or from the tour shops dotted about are.

Several different trips to the Troodos Mountains

Camel park

horse riding..

Lace markets

Larnaca shopping

Water world water park.

Limassol water park and shopping.

Nicosia and market

Famagusta - boat trips and by transport bus.

Paphos - all day trip

Egypt by air or mini cruise.

Thats all i remember at present as been on them all.
Hi

We are going to Paphos next week for 2 weeks, as we are getting married on the 9th June.

I was wondering does anyone know if you can get any evening boat cruises from the harbour in Paphos. I am looking for something a little bit romantic which just me and h2b can do together a couple of days after the wedding.

Thanks

Sam x
Not sure about evening cruises but we always take a drive up to Latchi and hire a boat for the day from George.

It's a power boat that you can sail up the coast right to the tip of the Akamaas peninsula, dropping the anchor in the numerous coves.

The boats all have shade on them and you can go as slow or fast as you like. We do it every time we go, this year we go on 4th June for two weeks.

The boats vary in cost depending on the engine size and length of time you hire. Last year we had four adults and three kids for about 5 hours in the most powerful boat and it cost just C£85 for all of us.
Sam,

Just to let you know that there are currently many cruises running at the moment from paphos but the ebst at the moment seems to be the Catamaran VIP day cruise.

I had the best time !!! Very very romantic. Infact someone preposed that evening.
The cat leaves the port at I think about 10am where you sail to Coral bay have breakfast on cat and then move onto the Blue Lagoon in Latchi. Here we had lunch did a little snorkelling and just completely chilled. From there we went onto to Latchi harbour where if you choose you can get off and go back to Paphos on an arranged coach, but we decided to stay on as we also like yourself wanted a sunset. And wow was it worth it. There were 15 of us all in all on the way back which basically meant we had the whole boat to ourselves as it actually can take 80 people. We had dinner on the sunset which was another fantastic buffet selection, then we arrived back in Paphos at 20:30 that evening.

WHAT A DAY!! We just walked down harbour and booked direct with serg the skipper.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. If you go say hi from Serg and Sushil who are the crew. Fantastic guys. Most helpful.
Hi Mikka

Your cruise sounds fab. Do you know if anyone does trips suitable for children? We have an 8 year old boy, and although my husband and I would love that trip, don't know if it'll be a bit much for Simon.

We go out on Sunday to the Avanti and can't wait. Two more sleeps, but I'll probably not sleep Sunday night - adrenalin rush!!!

Kirren :lol:
Hi
Last year about this time we went on a day crusie from Paphos harbour which was ideal for children. You went to Coral Bay where you go swiming etc then onto Lara Bay where you could do the same. Between Coral Bary and Lara Bay you could go Paracending (extra cost) my daughter 13 and 70 year old mother-in-law both did and loved it. There was a buffet lunch which was excellent. Only problem was not a lot of seats outside just matteresses. It was a great day and certainly would do it again. We booked on the harbour with people who run the trip. I think we got back between 3-4. I think they also do a half day up to Coral Bay and back. :lol:
Staying at the Vangelis apartments from 12th June for 1 week.

Can anyone advise any good excursions (with approx prices if possible) from Protaras? I'm more into the historic sites rather than water parks etc...

Also would like to know if best to book through tour rep or from outlets in the resort (if there are any!) (already heard a few horror stories this year of people being 'hi-jacked' by time share touts in Alcudia!)

I'm not sure I will be confident enough to try hireing a car when I go out there, which seems to be best way to visit the island according to most comments made!

Thanks in advance!
here is an address that might help you out

http://www.louistravel.com/in/excursions/from_protaras.html

me and my boyfriend are also travelling on the 12th from B'ham.
That helps quite a bit!

thanks...
now the border has relaxed you can take a bus trip into famagusta and see how it was left a ghost town this costs £7 in the booking offices or taxi drivers may do it for £20 (this advertised in pernera)
booked in Pernera (about 15 mins walk from Protaras but I'm sure prices will be similar)..
http://www.askcy.com/cyprus/007tripshop.jpg

we went on several things, the best was the jeep safari in the Troodos mountains (not to be missed), but our wives went diving (booked in Protaras)
http://www.askcy.com/cyprus/008egypt.jpg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.