Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi It would be interesting to find out if your holiday would be cheaper with a free seaview ,If you booked independantly inc your own flight .Cheers Dave
Hello plumbari, I have tryed to find the e mail address for this hotel but as yet have not got it, I may well try to do as an independent perhaps you could offer some help as I normally use a tour firm and have never sorted a holiday on my own, other than trips to France on La Tunnel.

Dave
Don't know if this is of any help.
http://www.waterfrontmalta.com.mt/waterfront/home.asp
There are prices quoted in € for both the Superior (seaview) rooms and the Standard (non-seaview) rooms.
There is also an e-mail address.
Here is another link that will give you an idea of the prices:- http://www.gomaltatravel.com/hoteldetails.asp?h=103
Thanks m&n just the job, ingliza what would I do with out you :thanks
Dave
What a great web-site the Waterfront has.

We have been looking for an alternative hotel to the Coastline Hotel in Salina Bay for some time and Sliema is one of our favourite places. Looks like the Waterfront may just be what we are looking for for a winter break - wont be 2006 thought as we are already booked up but maybe 2007???

It gets very good reviews too.

Pippa
Hi Dave & Pippa, it does look like quite a good hotel, only draw back is that it's quite a way down the Strand towards Gzira which isn't really an area that I would like to be in at night time for obvious reasons.

Regards
Sliema2
Ah!! I did wonder that - probably not really what we would want either.

Maybe we will stick to the Coastline after all.

Thanks for the info anyway,

Pippa
Ciao Pippa, don't mean to put you off the area is ok but not the best, I hear dodgy things about Gzira so wouldn't want to stay there myself, but it would probably be ok.

Sliema2
i have stayed at the sundown court for the past two years and walked with my then girlfriend from sliema through gzira late at night and had no problems lots of bonswa's from the local people and a pleasent walk

alan
Hi Sliema2 , just what are these dodgy things, do we need to know about them.
Dave
Hi Dave, some bad, wicked, and dodgy things have been known to take place in Gzira at nights :evil: , some of them to terrifying and to un-mentionable for me to mention, especially the un-mentionable things as they are the things that can't be mentioned :twisted: , Hope this has answered your question.

Sliema2
Hi Sliema2, does this mean you would have to kill me, if you let me know these terrifing and un-mentionable things :cry:
I am of an age that I can take these things in, and keep out of the way unlike you teenagers :wink:
Dave
Dave,

The dodgy and unmentionable things that are to unbearable to be mentioned by Sliema 2 are very simply a couple of terryfyingly looking girls prostituting themselves.....well if you can even call them girls LOL....from what I hear some of them are actually men dressed as girls.....Do not worry it is not an area that is dangerous....actually the wlak along the marina is quite impressive with some amazing boats berthed there
Maltese Trev is spot on with his observations, I have also heard about muggings :yikes and some men becoming special friends with other men in the parks and public conveniences in Gzira and Ta Xbiex :oops: the Yacht marina is nice in the day time though, and we love the walk around Msida Marina through Pieta and Floriana in to Valletta via Argotti and Maglio gardens and The Mall.

Sliema2
Hi Sliema,

If we wanted to stay in Sliema instead of the Coastline Hotel are there any particular hotels you could recommend.

We don't usually use anything less than 4 star (especially in Malta) and do like to have a view which narrows it down quite a bit. This would be for a winter holiday.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Pippa
Hi Pippa, there are many 4 star hotels in Sliema all of them at a pretty good standard aswell , there is The Preluna, The Waterfront, Kennedy Nova, The Victoria etc etc, then there is the higher end of the Market with the Fortina or this one in St Georges which I'm sure Sinjur Zahra won't mind me mentioning which is the Bay Point here is the weblink if you ask Sinjur Zahra directly who knows he might be able to do you a deal http://www.islandhotels.com/radisson/page.jsp?id=84&siteid=2 happy holidays

Sliema2
One i would NOT recommend is The Park Hotel.In my experience it warrants no more than a 2 *.
When we stayed there our room was dirty,we had mould growing on the curtains,rugs had stains on them that were disgusting.Towels were threadbare and then there was the food.
It was disgusting,most of it was very watery with no taste at all.
I certainly would not wish this hotel on anyone.
Always willing to offer a deal for anyone wishing to stay with us.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.