Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
hi there,

i have just got a great deal for january at tulip resort. there are very mixed reviews on all the sites, but i think you just have to try somewhere different and then make the best of it yourself. its supposed to be quite warm and theres nothing around the tuip resort so i woud imagine it to be very peaceful which is what we are looking for. if you get anymore info id love to hear it, so would appreciate it if you post it on here....thanks

angie xx
Hi, we went to tulip resort in jan 08, weather was great mid 20s quite windy though but well catered for with wind breaks, my wife was up early catching the sun at 8.30am making the most of it, as the sun goes down at about 4.00pm in egypt and came back with her best ever tan. Food was good (my wife is quite a fussy eater but always found lots to choose from) rooms were good in blocks of about 8/10rooms on two floors,one of the pools was heated and was great, the other (with the pool bar) was freezing but my son and I gave it a go anyway !!
The sea and coral at the end pier, and what a pier! (you will see when you get there) was absolutley amazing so many fish its like putting your head in an aquarium, we even saw a turtle. although you need to be a reasonable swimmer when the wind is blowing, also a shortie wet suit in Jan is a good idea if you have one although not a must. The staff were fantastic especially the waiters always time for a chat and wonderful with children, grounds well maintained, used the spa and gym facillties small but good, nothing really to do outside resort but we only went for a week and all we wanted was peace and quiet so was ideal for us.As this is a developing resort I am sure that will change in the future ie markets and the like, there is quad biking and horse riding from the beach, if you want nightlife and lots of shops, this isnt the place for you it really is a quiet resort (heaven)
hi

thanks for your reply.....we are going to marsa alam for my husbands 40th birthday........so we really are just looking for peace and quiet.....now that he will be an old fart....lol just kiddin by the way...........we aint really into nightclubs, we prefer nice quiet bars, so it sounds perfect....do you get a fridge in your room?

anyway, as i said thanks for your reply and we cant wait to get there
angie xx
Hi Angie, no we didnt have a fridge in the room but dont recall missing it. although we were there in Jan so not as hot as summer months, any other questions please feel free to ask I will try and answer

Cheers Ant

:glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.