Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Tunisia
27 Posts
hi to all going on holiday to tunisia.. :wave ...if you like to drink shorts on holiday i.e. gin,brandy,whisky.e.t.c you would be wise to buy at your departure airport or at duty free when you land ,.they are very much cheaper then in tunisia........regards ..john-doe... :)
Just got back from first time in Tunsia and found it fantastic. Stayed 2 weeks in PEK me, 21 and my partner 23. It exceeded my expectations by miles. I had been really nervous about going to Tunsia as people have such different opinions. Just before I went, my boss told me its an awful country, loads of hassle, and he d never go back. Yet another co worker loved it and would highly recommend it .
I went with an open mind and when I got there I really loved it. PEK is very sheltered, pretty and made for tourists.
Hasslewise we found in comparison to cairo (which I loved as well) it was nothing. Having been warned about hassle I have to say we never got any in PEK !! Ok sometime they would try to get us in the shops but we just replied no thanks firmly and it was fine. I think some of the hassle stories are greatly exagerated .
I recommend going outside of PEK to see the real Tunisia. Sousse is a great start. Again I don t understand why some people hate it :?: !! its great for shopping. We were only hassled when we took a short cut in the medina by mistake, But we just found it funny :lol:
Sahara trip is excellent if you want to see a completely different way of life. Highly recommended. Monastir is great as well.
I would recommend if staying in PEK getting out and seeing the real Tunisia ortherwise its just like staying in anyother holiday resort in the world. Would absolutely return to Tunsia, no hesitation.
I'm so pleased you both enjoyed your holiday and were not put off by the scare stories we have all read. You just need to go with an open mind and a sense of humour. Tunisians are a friendly lot and love to talk to people from other countries. Yes, many of them do try to get you into their shops to buy as they need the money, but the majority are quite happy if you decline their 'bargains' as long as you have a friendly chat with them. I'm glad you approved of Sousse as it is certainly more 'Tunisian' than PEK, though both have their advantages.
hi Asleema (After being in Tunisia i finally understand your name now - i had previously thought that was your real name and you must have been Tunisian in origin :lol: )
I would even consider staying in Sousse next time, Even thinkin bout bookin now for next year. Really don t understand scary stories. Even my Dad at the airport said he had been worrying about us afer all the horror stories his friends at work had told him about tunisia. I reassured him and told him to go and try it at least once!! Friends goin to PEK in two weeks so jealous!!
I told them to go with an open mind! I am sure they ll love it!!
Hi all, was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Kanta Resort in P.E.K? Was planning on going half board here. Any info would be grateful. :)
Thanks a million for that Briar HT mod. Was looking but couldn't see hotel reviews. Couldn't see for looking cheers. :oops: :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.