Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Rate when I came out was £1 = 2.67 (1 TDN = 37p) and don't think it's changed much. It's the best I've known it for a long time. I was complaining that my cigarettes (Royales) were now 4.5 TDN when they used to be 2.5 but that's still only about £1.70.

Back in the UK in the early hours of Sunday. Will be sorry to leave Sousse but not this blooming tablet, which has a mind of its own!
The phone wasn't working when I got there and a local had a look at it and said I hadn't any credit, as I had 'lost' the 20 dinars which had expired. However, I bought another 5 dinar top-up, put it on and was back on with credit of 25 dinars until August. I've still got a few dinars credit and have brought a 10 dinar top-up back with me which I will put on in August, then get a friend to get me another if I won't be back by February. The locals themselves don't really know how it works as they constantly top up their phones so don't need to worry about expiry dates/
I'm more than happy, but in future I'll ignore all advice to the contrary and make sure my phone is kept topped up. :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.