Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Tunisian Hotel
10 Posts
Nice to hear from you Jenny, and I full support you and do encourage tourists to return to Tunisia as soon as they can :tup
Exactly my sentiments Jenny so have booked a holiday for 2 weeks on 20th March. :tup
In four weeks exactly I'll be sitting in the bar of the Marhaba Salem with a glass of Cedratine in my hand at this time of evening, having already checked out the Medina to see how it's survived, before taking you and your husband round the following week Jay Trip. :glynis
Aslemma,I have just read on the FCO website that they advise people travelling to Tunisia to let them know your whereabouts :que
Thomson never mentioned this when I booked.
What is Cedratine by the way? :rofl :rofl
Cedratine is not for you my dear as you don't drink alcohol. Don't let it worry you though as I'll happily have your share. :rofl It's a Tunisian liqueur, somewhat similar to Cointreau but based on lemons rather than oranges and I'm quite partial to it, in fact having run out of my supply I must remember to stock up next month.

I didn't know the FO advice was still on their website though I saw it earlier and it won't hurt to register with them before we go, though I'm certainly not expecting to need their help. I suppose it does make sense as it means they can contact UK citizens if necessary. I will also put their contact number in my phone (belt and braces approach).
Hi Jenny - my sentiments exactly, we are off to Marhaba Palace in May - our 4th visit in 17 months , and we just love it. We just cant wait to get back.
Hi Jenny,

Will be booking soon, and look forward to having my yearly catch up with you and Frank. Just make sure there are no strange people at the Mahdia train station platform this time, please. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Hi Jenny

I've been waiting to book this year's august break and have booked my favorite hotel the Tour Khalef inbetween Sousse and PEK. :tongue
Been looking at the prices for Djerba in May/October and trying to convice the Husband we deserve a break without the kids :rofl
Only been going to Tunsia for 7 years now but i just love the country and people.
Here's hoping more people want to visit. :tup
Thank you all so very much - please spread the word - the majority of people who work in tourism have been out of work the past few weeks and in Tunisia no work means no money! It has had a devastating effect.
There are lots of brilliant offers about at the moment - throughout the year - some are 50% discount. Have a look around and be tempted! :sun2 Thanks again. xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.