Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
i have been to marmaris area over new year and to be honest it wasnt very lively , most of the main strip of the bars, shops etc the end i hate is closed, only the old town area is open and even thats not all open, i love marmaris in the winter so nice without all the crowds lol. the weather is around 15-19 so some days is warm enough for a t shirt but not hot enough to sun bathe and at night its freezing and winter coats are needed, you could also experience rain, i really think turkey isnt the place for a lively holiday during new year, we go to visit family so the weather and liveliness isnt important to us. i dont know about bodrum area but im assuming this is similiar, hope this helps
I have been to Bodrum at new year but only because I lived there. Ther wether is not good, cold and rainy a lot of the time - jeans and jumper weather! Bodrum is very quiet too, on new year itsefl places are open but apart from that there are no lively bars. I wouldn't recommend it, it is nothing like summer time.
The best place in the world to celebrate new year ,is Bonnie Scotland :tup

Bluepeterno1
Bluepeterno1 i agree with you we do the best time

suzie ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.