Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We go to Turkey (Gumbet) in early September every year and it's great. We go every June (early) and September and our friends over there always tell us it's the best time to go 'cos July and August are far too hot. We've always had fantastic weather when we've been there.
Thanks for reply Jakki, I will be going to Icmeler, I have been there a few time in the past and once to Marmaris but never at that time in September! Is it still lively then? Are there many young people around? Its just Im 22 and going with my paretns, as much I love them and will be spending time with them I was hoping there would be young people hand around and go out on a night time with?

:D Thanks xx
Hi september is a lovely time to visit icmeler,still very warm but not too hot like in august.my daughter and her friend are going early september as well, they are 18 and 20 its their first holiday on their own but my daughter knows icmeler quite well as we have been going for the last 5 years.
You will easily meet people of your age group to hang around with,we usually travel with daughter on our own and she has always made friends in icmeler.
Karlee
Thanks for your reply Karlee, it is reasureing too hear there are others of my age group going early September too, I love Icmeler and its nightlife, good to know there will be people there of my age to share it with! By any chance do you know anything about the Mitoes appartmets?

:)
I have now been to the Mitos apartments twice and going next year, been with my mum and always had a great time there, and there are always young people about. Always been here in September (normally later in the month into October) the weather has always been really good, apart from maybe a couple of days with some rain but fantastic otherwise.

The staff are great, the apartments are small but big enough and are cleaned every day except Sunday, the pool is just a nice size and near enough to the beach if thats what you prefer. The food here is also really nice would recommend you eat here at least once, prices very reasonable and the BBQ night is a good night too. All in all the apartments are great and I can't wait to get back next year.

Have a lovely holiday, I'm sure you will love it there.

Andrea
Hello there,
" early September "
Only a few things to say about that,
Best time to go as far as we're concerned :) go for it

:wink: Kev :wink:
I went this year in sept for the first time and to be honest it was pretty much the same as when i usually go in July.
The weather was still very hot, all the bars/restaurants were packed. The bars down on the beach were full too, although slightly less that in July but certainly not quiet.
The only thing i can say is some of the staff were a little subdued but they will have been tired of smiling all season and were counting down the days until they could go home.
september is my favorite time as it still is hot and the kids have had there time and life slows back a little
but any time is turkey time for me love it all but september is best :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.