Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
kerri,

You might want to check out the WEATHER: reports, news, Q&As thread, but October is generally still ok. It's still hot, around the late 20's / early 30's through the day and early to mid 20's in the evening. You might got an odd shower or overcast day, but it's that time of year when it's changing. Resorts will be winding down but the larger ones will still be busy enough and open. I've been to Icmeler in October, it's quite a nice time to visit after the summer rush and the edge has been taken off the temperatures.

Darren
we came back from turkey yesterday and out of 13 days only had 6 hot sunny days, the rest were either cloudy or rain showers, so the weather can be unpredicable in oct , every year we have been in oct we have had a few days of rain, temps were around 23-27 in the day
Got back from Side yesterday. Days were good, hot and sunny. Cloud built up about 3pm, we had very bad storms most evenings, with power being off in the whole resort (street/traffic lights included). If we went at that time again we would go a hotel with good evening facilities, as we weren't able to rely on being able to go out.

That said, would reccomend going at that time. We managed to see parts of the resort we haven't seen the previous two visits (it is to hot in july/august). We were also able to walk more than 500 metres down the beach without having to get a drink.
I have been to Bodrum for a few years at that time and it has alwasy been really nice, although I don't think the weather was so good this year. Some of the smaller resorts do start to close down though at this time.
The weather often breaks in mid October, heavy showers but otherwise sunny and pleasant. We usually come home the week before but I would still recommend it, however many resorts have become very quiet by then but the exception is Oludeniz which seems to keep going much later. It is a good centre for days out and Fethiye is just a dolmus away with its weekly market and harbour (lovely to walk along). Every year there are "Air Games" held in mid October which brings lots of people into the resort and a bit of a carnival atmosphere but just watching the antics is entertainment in itself.
http://www.babadag.com/babadag/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=118&Itemid=123
The area is excellent for walking too and that time of year is perfect. You don't have to stay in Oludeniz as Hisaronu is just up the hill with a great variety of restaurants and bars though you will need a cardi or jacket at night as it gets a bit chilly! They all have log fires which makes it very atmospheric.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.