Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Turkey Virgin
11 Posts
I would say that Bitez, near Bodrum would suit you. There are lots of lovely restaurants and a few bars, all set a long a very nice beach. It is lively enough but not too busy and it is close enough to Bodrum if you wamnt to go shopping or for a night out.

Self catering is probably best as you then get a chance to go out and eat wherever you want.

Kedi
thanks for your speedy response - i'll take a lookat whats available out there - any recommendations on accommodation?

Jane
another place thats lovely and has fab scenery is olu deniz with its gorgeous lagoon, there are a few great all incs in olu deniz, belcekiz beach, olu deniz resort and sun city are the main ones that get great reviews although ive not stayed in any of them, but we have stayed in the fab lykia world and to be honest it takes some beating , its full board + and the food is wonderful, its a bit on the expensive side but really worth it, great entertainment and beautiful scenery. as for b&b as there isnt any sc in olu the karbel seems to get good review again i havent stayed there, im sure where ever you pick in turkey you will love its a fab place with lovely friendly people, hisaronu is about 2 miles up the road this does have sc but a bit busier and you need to come down to olu deniz for the beach
I also think Olu Deniz would suit you. As you say you like somewhere with a bit of night life but not to 'in your face' I would say that describes Olu to a T.

You have the choice of loads of B&B hotels and then you can eat out in the restaurants every evening. There are plenty to last a fortnight, or the three well documented AI's that are at the front of the resort & Ellie-Meg mentions by name.

Not been myself, but may have similar tastes as we also like quite places on Greece, I would therefore say don't choose Marmaris.
Hi Jane
Of the places we have stayed in Turkey I would say that Turunc, Bitez and Kalkan would all fit the bill for what you are after.
We can recommend Gozdem Apartments in Turunc, Makumba Summer Gardens Apartments in Bitez and the Kelebek Hotel in Kalkan.
Personally we would not consider AI in Turkey -one of the things we love about Turkey is that you rarely get a poor meal in any of the restaurants and it's a big part of the enjoyment of the holiday for us to enjoy a great meal out and a few drinks in different places.
I stayed in Summer Gardens in Bitez too, very nice, also Basri Apartments. We have also been to Turunc but we stayed in a private apartment then.
Calis Beach/Fethiye and Dalyan fit the bill too.
Thanks all for you helpful advice.

We have now booked a flight to Dalaman, and just need to find some accommodation along that coast - Kalkan is favourite at the moment.

Jane
Kalkan is wonderful. There is only a small shingle beach there but you are well placed for visiting Patara, which is just glorious.

You couldn't wish for a better place for food, especially fish.
have a look at akyaka too its beautiful fairly quiet place with fab scenery as its in a conservation area, really turkish and about 50-60 mins from dalaman. it has a lovely sandy beach with lovely walks around the bay and fab riverside with little restaurants , have a look in photo gallery ive loaded loads of photos of akyaka. we are going there again in aug for 2 weeks and ive just booked my friends into this villa it has apts too really lovely owner

http://www.tomsanokaliptus.com/

http://www.turkuaz-guide.net/gokova.html

http://akyaka.com/index.php
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.