Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Turkish Airways
29 Posts
A word of warning, wheen you transfer round to the international terminal, depending how they are feeling, the police on all the doors will examine your tickets, and as often as not enforce their rule, that they will not allow you to enter more than four hours prior to your flight. They can at times be quite rigid imposing this rule, hence you'll often find hundreds of people milling about outside, at all hours of the day and night
Alan
Thanks- at least I wont be panicking I am going to miss the plane I just be queing outside. We have transferred before through Mumbai but never had this long a transfer time
As Gramps has advised this is what happened to us. There is a little "waiting room" to the right of the check in. Nothing much in it, a couple of TVs that were showing cricket, you could get a soft drink and crisps etc but they didnt have much stock in. We also got charged 60 rps each for the luxury of waiting in this area :really
I think our waiting time was about 7 hours.
I can fly from Glasgow with Emirates to Mumbai via Dubai and its relatively cheap but the long waiting time for the internal Indian flight puts me off.
Gemma is there any chance the flight timetable may change before nov so the waiting time is less.
Maybe you could ask Darren in the flight section he should know about these things..Best of luck.
Emirates are a good airline.
Thanks. We are now thinking of booking a room :rofl The transfer time out to Goa is 5/6 hrs and back to UK 10 hrs Of course we have to take the time off that for getting off the plane (I will take it easy for a change) getting our luggage, getting thro checks and transfering from Domestic to International so I don't think going out will be too bad its the return one that is the prob. but looking at what we save on Qatar it has (please god) got to be worth it. Watch Qatar drop their price now :yikes
sleep_r_us wrote:
Gemma is there any chance the flight timetable may change before nov so the waiting time is less.Maybe you could ask Darren

Emirates schedules do change slightly between summer and winter, so it's worth checking for your preferred dates of travel.

Darren
Thank you Dazbo its worth keeping your eye open for the future.
have done the 10 hour wait im mumbai :yikes never again
The main problem is the flights from Goa up to Mumbai. We used to get the Emirates flight at about 4.00 am or so but there's no flights up to Mumbai from Goa in the late evening. I'm sure a flight leaving Goa about 9 pm or so would be well supported and would stop a lot of the long transit times most people experience with a lot of the long haul airlines. In our case we used to book a nearby hotel and try for a few hours sleep but in the end gave it up and switched to Qatar into Manchester, and the Trans Penine express up to Scotland. Much less stressful
Alan
I agree with Gramps on this one. We also travelled down to Manchester and use the Transpennine Express, which is very quick and quite cheap too. Emirates is great until you get to Mumbai and then everything goes pear shaped :rofl

Yes Sleeps the winter flight times with Emirates changes slightly from summer to winter, by about an hour, so not very much. Doesnt really matter to me for this November as I have booked to go to New York City and Cancun. I MIGHT return to Goa around February time,I havent decided yet, at the moment I have fallen out of love with Goa :think
Emirates are now flying twice a day from Glasgow the homeward flight can be the 9.55 am from Mumbai arr Glasgow at 17.00 wth a 2hr stop in Dubai. I can fly no more but for some reason I take an interest in the Goa goings on.
Mike
Wow Gemma that sounds lovely it does you good to have a break from Goa now and again broadens your horizon(so they say).
I've thought of it, but at the present, Jets first flight up to Mumbai does'nt land until 08.10 am, and getting your luggage off, transfering over to the international side, then queuing to xray your luggage again, before checking in, would make it too tight for my liking, so unless Jet starts a flight at 06.00 am as I think they used to, I think we'll have to stick with Qatar.
Alan
That's a great price, Carol. We had a nine hour wait in March and although it was a bit of a drag, you just deal with it. Take a good book!

Use the 60 rupee waiting room and go to your flight dead on 4 hours before it's due. We left it until 3.5 hours and the queue was horrendous. Mumbai airport is a bit of a nightmare but hey, you've saved enough to eat out in Goa for a month! :rofl
carol who did you book with as i can get a great deal to mumbai on the turkish airlines website but not the full journy down to goa.
Roma: We have booked a hotel 'just have to eat for three weeks with the saving not 4 :rofl
We have gone through Mumbai about 3/4 times and I always say never ever again but heyho its got to be done just grit my teeth and bear it. At least the long wait on the return we will only have been travelling a couple of hours from Goa so I shouldn't be too "tetchy" :think
Mrstella we booked Turkish Airways to Mumbai then Jet Airways down to Goa. Total cost of both flights for two £980 (well a litle less actually) if you do it be prepared for the wait at Mumbai. see other posts on this site.
Hi Mrstella, you have to book the Goa flight separately, have a look at Travelocity.co.in for the goa flight or you might be able to book via there UK site and pay in sterling but the last time I check Turkish airways the flights to Bombay were around £500, making Jet flight at £560 a much easier trip with 46kg luggage allowance all the way to Goa see Travelsupermarket.com
Hi Megain
I booked Jet on line and paid in sterling ang guess what no extra cost for using a credit card Take note Ryannaire same with Turkish airways no extra charge. I agree the only prob with booking Jet we can only take 20 kg (30kg on T/A but cannot transfer this to Jet) This is making hubby jump for joy as he always says I take too much and bring half back not used (hes right)

We have paid a total of £490 each from Manchester - so I can buy stuff in Goa and leave it there LOL hee hee haven't told him this yet
Hi Carol, as you say Turkish Airways was doing a cracking deal from Manchester and Gatwick for around £400 but not at the moment it is now just over £500 but Jet have dropped their prices this week from £770 to £560 LHR to Goa but only via booking agents

I do not understand the pricing of flights it seems each airline does discounted prices for a month or so but we decided we would spoil ourselves next season and go business class but while Jets economy flights have come down, the business ones have gone up big time, we now have to make what could be an expensive choice, do we snap up the discounted economy flights as they are for the days and times we want or hope the business ones will come back down in price :duh what to do, what to do :rofl :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.