Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
turkish lira
6 Posts
Hi shadean, The weather is a little unpredictable as we found out in May whereby it should have been a comfortable temperature, it soared to 35c plus. By rights it should be comfortable in September as we are off to Kusadasi. As for the Lira, the exchange rate at the moment is 2.74 to the pound. We found the best place to change your money was at the Post Office but ask your fellow holidaymakers when you get there and take sterling with you whilst it is still strong against the lira. Eating out, you can eat as cheaply or expensive as you want but you will find meal deals eg 3 Course Meal for £9 or 10 plus drinks, it all depends on whether or not you are on a budget. I do believe there is a Discussion about Marmaris and you may find recommended eateries there. Hope this is of some help to you.
i have always found the best way is to count every pound as 21/2 lira it saves counting pennies ,and unless you are spending hundeds of pounds at a time thats what it is pennies
from what I have seen it is more like 3 lira to the pound at present.
The shops will ask for 10 pounds or 30 lira even thou the best rate of exchange over there is 2.81.So its maybe best to give them 10 pounds rather than lira but its not that much different really.Got 7 tee shirts for a tenner after little haggle :D
wow thanx loads forthe tips many more wuold be apreciated x x x

*Edit please do not post in phone text Briar
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.