Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Another thing many of the resort workers are Kurdish not Turkish, it appears that many on that site got caught in the old Visa trap, i.e get a British visa and get to the UK for a better standard of living
well the only turkish man ive know is my brother in law. and he's a lovely person.he is very well educated speaks 4 languages and a real gentleman,
my sister met him on holiday and after 2yrs they where married there, and after 4yrs of marriage they had their 1st son, they now have 3 children,after some yrs the marriage broke down simply because my sister wanted to move back to england and my brother in law didnt, he hates it here he said all it does is rain and it's cold.he was ok about the children comming to live here.and he rings them 4times a week and he visits every 3mths. he still idolises my sister and would lve her to return to turkey,
Thats a good story Wildcat, not because they broke up or anything but because their relationship worked for many years. A lot of my Turkish friends have said that they would not move to the UK if they fell in love with an English girl, in fact 1 is married to a girl from Northumberland and she lives in Marmaris with him and their kids.
Another friend would move here tomorrow or anywhere else in europe but that is for the fact that he is gay and his Turkish elders just would`nt accept it, so he would feel free to live his life as he pleases elsewhere.

Gem,
even if you wanted to have some "fun" with them, dont fall the bull that they love you (after 1 or 2 weeks :roll: ) and adopt their attitude....
love em and leave em.
Oh and get yourself to the chemist/family planning before you go, be extra careful that way too hun, if you know what i mean :wink:
because trust me, you won`t be the 1st, 2nd or even the 100th for this season.
Have a great holiday xxxxxxx
My answer would be is if you want to go out for an evening with them go in pairs,but i dont think its a good idea to sleep with any of them,after all theyve then gained half of what they want havent they,just another notch on the bedpost.We went to the amphitheatre whilst we were in marmaris,and up the top was empty bottles of drink and used comdons,not a very nice way to treat a historic place but it looks as though its one of the places the turkish men take the ladies.Wasnt a nice sight for the children to see
As in all situations, take what men say with a pinch of salt. Turkish men have no problems spouting their love and devotion to you after you've known them for one evening. Personally I found it quite amusing. Some women are altogether more vulnerable, especially if they've had some bad luck with relationships in the past. Some years ago I've had a holiday fling or two, but that's all it was (definitely NO bedroom stuff).

So far as being wary goes, it is not like years ago where women (especially blond or red headed) would be literally followed down the street. You may get chatted up, but it's entirely down to you if you want to take things further with anyone you might come across. Just as it is here.

I personally feel safer in Turkey than Greece from that point of view. As others have said, be as careful as you would at home. If you want to meet someone then you'll not be short of offers, just do realise that they can spout the same crap to the girl they meet the next week as well. You aren't the special one!

Having said that I've met many over the years who have settled down - I would never tar everyone with the same brush.
I was in Turkey with my boyfriend so I found the turkish men to be very pleasant, genuine and made you feel welcome to their country. (We were in Olu Deniz though)

At dinner some nights we had some very good chats with the waiters about their lives at stuff.

Very amusing: While walking past a shop one evening one of the men said 'hello georgeous' to my lovely blonde haired blue eyed boyfriend much to my amusement and was trying his hardest to flirt with him I was wetting myself and he was terrified! :lol:

Went back before the holiday was up to buy some lovely things to take home so he gave us a good price! :D Very kind.
As in all situations, take what men say with a pinch of salt. Turkish men have no problems spouting their love and devotion to you after you've known them for one evening. Personally I found it quite amusing.

Very true, why some women think Turkish men are any different than British men in that respect is beyond me
One of the most common stories you read about is older women getting conned out of money etc. I think common sense should come in to play here, if you're in your 40's or 50's you should be wondering why a young man would be interested in you instead of someone his own age.
We stayed at Club Alize in Marmaris in July. There was a woman there who was with her daughter (about 20) and her 2 younger children (about 6 and 7). The way she hung about over the waiters and bar staff was really embarassing and cringe-worthy to watch, she offered at least 2 of them the chance to "get jiggy". No wonder Turkish men think they are on to a good thing with these sad old women who have no respect for themselves.
I was at Club Alize in July too Wizyfam and know exactly who ur speaking about. I was embarrassed for her. Poor guys!!! It is people like her who get them a bad name. (mind u I must say they didnt appear very interested :lol: )
Mys can I please request that you dont post in phone style text as per our terms and conditions - thanks

Kath HT Admin
Hi all,

Thank you all for you advise and info.....

I will be extra carefull on holiday, I will not fall for any of there 'I love you' blah blah blah after 1 hour lol

I am going to Icmeler on 11th Oct not long to go

Thanks again

Gem x
pmsl at that link chelsea boy!!

I think the turkish blokes are funny... they always chat me up (I have long blonde hair so they not used to it i suppose). They do it infront of my hubby but we just laugh about it. One guy we know regulary shakes me making my boobs jig up and down... we just laugh. It's all part of your holiday! They are always telling my hubby his wife is beautiful so it's a compliment really.

I did chuckle when a bloke fell off his bike letching!

Have to laugh at the msn site too!

love nikki xx
i agree with the majority of views expressed on this thread. Take everything said to you with a pinch of salt.

When I went to Icmeler for the first time 10yrs ago my husband was told he had a beautiful wife and I was thrilled because i was never called that in the UK, but after this period of time you realise they say that to every woman and even though you know it is not true because you are getting on in years it still makes you feel good and whats wrong with that if it makes you feel good about yourself?

I am under no illusions but as someone said before its only a bit of fun and as long as you don't take it serious you will be OK.

I do feel sorry for young, niave girls visiting Icmeler for the first time as they think its the love of their life.

I will certainley be arming my grandaughters with this info before they travel to Icmeler when they are older!
Gem all i can say is be very careful. My daughter is getting married in October to a Turkish lad she met in 2005 :lol:
It isn't just young naive girls that get sucked in - it's old naive women too!

Turkish men tell ALL the women, of ALL ages, that they are beautiful...........it's all part of the job! :P

When you consider that throughout the season, Turkish resorts are swarming with young, tall, bronzed, blue-eyed blondes from Scandinavia, Sweden, Denmark and Russia (has anyone seen how beautiful some of those Russian girls are?!?! :shock: ) it makes you wonder why a young handsome adonis would be chasing a plain,pasty,podgy 40+ woman from Scunthorpe. :lol:

Now I wonder why that would be? :roll:
Hi Stawberry7

Would that be because Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!!! :lol: and podgy 40 odd year olds are still beautiful :lol: :lol:

Lynn
Correct Lynn!!!
There are many 40- 50year olds in bettershape than 20- 30year olds.
But I do agree there are many niave older women!
I've never been pestered by Turkish men. That might be because I'm a sixteen stone, overweight, balding bloke with a beard and a big belly.

Thinking about it I don't get pestered by the Turkish women either.......
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.