America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
OK i assume you have just been dealing with the call centre.. now there are no promises but we have a member [steved1] who is quite senior in TR and tries to sort members problems, there is no guarantee but in the first instant send him a message on..steve@travelrepublic.co.uk..
please keep to the facts and keep it polite and short and mention Holiday Truths, I am sure Steve will get back to you as soon as he has time to check things out

wizard
Also, have you contacted the US consular services direct? If you are not a UK passport holder or do not have permission to be permanently resident in the UK then you are probably not eligible to apply for entry to the US via the visa waiver scheme from within the UK. But this doesn't mean that you aren't eligible for a visa - just that you will have to apply for it via another channel. I'm assuming that you live in Northern Ireland? In which case you can make an appointment to apply in person at the Consulate in Belfast. I'm assuming that though you have to pay the balance in the next two weeks that you won't be travelling until the 2014? That might still give you time to get this sorted and stick to your original plans. I would contact the Consular general in Befast ASAP as per the info below:

http://belfast.usconsulate.gov/mobile/visa_contact_information.html

Unfortunately, most TAs and certainly all airlines stipulate in their T&Cs that it is your responsibility to check out the visa situation not theirs. Was it not clear from the flight booking details you were provided with before confirming the booking that you would be transiting through the US?

SM
TR site clearly states about stops, during the booking process. If it says it's got stops it details where, along with the flight numbers and arrival/departure times in the itinerary before it gives a full costing. It is the passengers responsibility to make sure passport and visas comply.

Have you thought about applying for a visa? Just because you don't qualify for an Esta, doesn't mean you won't be granted a visa.

The flight may not go with 2 empty seats, but that doesn't mean that AA should refund TR, and they in turn refund you. Tickets booked through a cheap OTA are undoubtedly 100% non refundable.

Sorry you've had this problem, but flights are always better booked direct with the airline.
I agree with Sma. If you contact the US Embassy in Belfast they should be able to direct you to someone who can explain the rejection. It may be that there has been a mistake. In any case, unless you have a criminal record, you can apply for a visa without any problems. One last thing- before any of the above, try the ESTA again, just incase you made a mistake filling the form up.
Good luck!
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
OK i assume you have just been dealing with the call centre.. now there are no promises but we have a member [steved1] who is quite senior in TR and tries to sort members problems, there is no guarantee but in the first instant send him a message on..steve@travelrepublic.co.uk..
please keep to the facts and keep it polite and short and mention Holiday Truths, I am sure Steve will get back to you as soon as he has time to check things out

wizard

Thanks will email him.
Fiona wrote:
I agree with Sma. If you contact the US Embassy in Belfast they should be able to direct you to someone who can explain the rejection. It may be that there has been a mistake. In any case, unless you have a criminal record, you can apply for a visa without any problems. One last thing- before any of the above, try the ESTA again, just incase you made a mistake filling the form up.
Good luck!

Hi there problem I have goes back over 30 years. When I was a teen my parents took me to the USA and they overstayed there welcome sort of speak. I travelled home to the UK on a travel document issued by the British consulate. As I was leaving an INS employee took me to 1 side and basically said I would be banned from the USA.
Wizard HT Mod wrote:

wizard

Hi Thanks for the reply I will give him an e-mail.

Scott
I still think you have a good chance of getting a visa. It's worth a shot.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.