America - Florida Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Florida.
Where are you wanting to go? Apartment or Hotel?
sorry, hotel, international drive :rofl
Try Homewood Suites, Embassy Suites or do a Google search for hotels with Suites, International drive. Lots are available with two bedrooms.
We have stayed in Floridays Resort on the Southern End of I-Drive a few times, and will stay there next time we go back. It's a condo-hotel with 2 bed & 3 bed units and is really fantastic. We did not have a car, and certainly didn’t need one for what we wanted to do. The I-Ride stops right outside the entrance (stop no. 40) as does the Lynx bus (8 & 42). The hotel provides free shuttles to & from Disney, Universal & SeaWorld. SeaWorld have shuttles to bring you to Aquatica, Discovery Cove & Busch Gardens.

Everything you could possibly need – fully stocked kitchen, including dishwasher, washing machine, dryer. On arrival, you’re provided with washing up liquid, washing powder and dishwasher powder – enough for a couple of days. I picked up a packet of Tide washing powder and in Publix, and we washed clothes every few days. It was great when we got home and unpacked everything, with only pyjamas and undies from our final day to wash. Towels are changed every day, trash is disposed of and beds are made.

The master bedroom has a huge bed, clock radio & tv, as well as a full-size bathroom which includes a walk-in shower & Jacuzzi bath. There’s a wardrobe in the bathroom which also has a safe.

The kids’ bedroom had 2 (small) double beds, wardrobe, clock radio & tv. A smaller bathroom is next to this bedroom – over bath shower included.

There’s a dining table that seats 6 – although we never used this. The living area has a couch, 2 armchairs, a big screen tv and dvd player. Sliding glass doors open out onto a balcony which as a table & 2 chairs.

On site there’s a gym (DH & DS used it and said it was great), a café (one $5 breakfast was shared between 2 of us – not because we’re mean, but because portions are big). Dinner prices are not expensive and a kid’s dinner can be got for around $6. The added bonus to dining on-site is that you’re sitting next to the pool.

There are two pools - The main pool tended to get busy and has a little kiddies area. As we don’t have small kids, we were happy to head over to the smaller pool when the big one was busy – some days we had that pool all to ourselves!

I would definitely recommend Floridays - similar condo-hotels in the same area are The Fountains & The Sheraton.
The Sheraton Vistiana has two bedroomed condos and is a nice resort to stay in.

A few years ago we went and stayed there in a one bed as that was sufficient due to the age of the kids, but if we went back now I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again but in a two bed. I still check reviews from time to time and they are still good. It has great pools and communal facilities.

:sun2
I've booked Floridays with a private owner and independent flights. Much cheaper than a package if you are after two bedrooms.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.