Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Sarong

Having gone to Icmeler for the last 10 year I felt like a change this year and I done that in June went to Hisaronu for a week the Icmeler for the second

doing Dalyan/Icmeler in Sept.

you will have gathered I like Icmeler
I do it regularly in Turkey but that's because I'm addicted to gulet holidays. I've done two centre with Olu Deniz, Kalkan and Dalyan with the second week on a gulet. I would do it with a two week on land holiday as well as it really feels like your stay is longer and that you're having two hols in one.

It depends if you find packing up halfway through a chore (takes me 5 mins as it's coming out again the same day elsewhere), also if you really love the first place and are 'so so' about the second you might have wished you'd had a fortnight. Saying that you might be so so about the first week but love the second and glad that you moved.
Lynn, Icmeler sounds like a common theme lol

I'm just weighing up whether the kids would be happy to upsticks and move or not. We did it in Florida, first week in a Disney hotel, second week in a villa and by the end of the first week we couldnt wait to get to the villa to spread out a bit. Also had our own pool and games room so the kids loved it. I'm thinking maybe I will have to contrast it a bit to make the second week something to look forward to. Maybe I'm thinking to much about it!
I can't speak about Turkey( only one holiday there so far) and I don't have children in tow but personally I feel the holiday seems longer when you do twin centre. Just do your research carefully here first and you shouldn't be disappointed :D
Like SandC I love gulet holidays and having a two centre holiday seems much, much longer as well as being better value. We always try to do the hotel bit first and then the gulet because the girls don't need all their dresses neat and tidy for the gulet bit but if you do the gulet first it's hard to keep your best stuff looking good for the second week.

Two centre holidays are good between resorts as well. If we had a fortnight in the same hotel we would probably find ourselves doing the same things over and over and moving somewhere new keeps it all more interesting. It spreads the risk as well. If you go somewhere new and hate it at least you only have a week to endure and the next place might be better.

The only thing better than a two centre holiday is a three centre holiday. (Or a four centre holiday.......)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.